Jetting........

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Ok so my new yzf450 runs great and pulls super hard, Starts first kick and I couldnt be happier........except if I am just cruising barely above idle it kind of sputters slightly its hardly noticeable and just enough of an issue to bug the hell out of me.

The bike is bone stock with a Two brothers pipe. What are you guys running for jetting in your yamaha 450s?

Thanks for your help

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
It feels like that could be the issue, It doesnt stutter at all when you mash the throttle it just flat out gets with it

Caleb

mine does this too, well not quite the same.
not bad, but just off idle it has a bog if I crack the throttle open real fast.

Yeah, that's a bit different. The stutter is noticed when holding just a small amount of throttle. Something with your jetting is probably off if you're getting a bog when you crack the throttle real fast. Could be your accelerator pump.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I run a 158 main on my 08 and the rest is stock. It runs great. I drop to a 155 for high elevation (9000 ft) and it also runs great. Other than that I just turn the fuel screw for temp changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B2-Bomber

if your sputter is occurring at the throttle position that you are mentioning, it will be a combination of fuel screw, and needle. this is a carbureted bike right? not a fuel injected 450?