Jeep JK/JKU Sliders and Bumpers what do you have what do you like / don't like

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
As it says, I'm looking for some sliders for the new JK and for now a front bumper. There are about 1,000,000 of them out on the market, so I'm hoping for some feedback on what your have and what you like/dislike about them. I have a rubi and would like to keep the stock sliders on as well if possible, unless the replacements are just so uber there is no need.

I've researched the build threads that are around, but I know there are a lot more JK builds lurking around.

Also I have zero fab skills so building my own is out of the question

Pics will be great too

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
The teraflex ones are simple/great looking, high clearance and aluminum all very good traits in a slider.

PM me for pricing...:)

Installation available as well

the rock slide engineering ones are also great sliders no personal experience with them though

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I have the RSE's on mine, and have nothing but good to say about them. I really like how they're about the same width as your flare, keeps most of the crap off the side of your Jeep.

As far as bumpers, that's a decision only you can make. Like you said, a bazilloin choces and they all serve pretty much the same function. You'll just have to decide what turns you on.

N8RB8R

I have the RSE's on mine, and have nothing but good to say about them. I really like how they're about the same width as your flare, keeps most of the crap off the side of your Jeep.

As far as bumpers, that's a decision only you can make. Like you said, a bazilloin choces and they all serve pretty much the same function. You'll just have to decide what turns you on.
I also run the RSE's and love them. I am running the narrow width front bumper and really like the clearance I have. I also have their hoop on the front and the hood stopped doing the bouncing with it on there which was a plus. If you go with the RSE's I would not recommend the new warn zeon winch as it really does not fit and is a major pain to get on without beating the crap out of it, even though they said it would fit.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
The teraflex ones are simple/great looking,

I dig them to, but I want some that have some kick outs, I'll keep you in mind if I go this route

As far as bumpers, that's a decision only you can make.

I'll have to check these out thanks, as far as bumpers thats why I'm hoping for pictures and feedback on weight, holding up, tow points, winch mounting problems etc

Modded my stock sliders http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?92708-Wrangler-Rubicon-stock-slider-extension&highlight=slider
Use an LOD midwidth bumper up front, planning to fab a rear with possibly dual swings.

Thanks Eric, I'll have to look more into this

Keep it coming guys

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Do you prefer a full width bumper or a narrow rock crawler style? Tube or plate?

What do you mean by sliders with kick outs?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Do you prefer a full width bumper or a narrow rock crawler style? Tube or plate?

What do you mean by sliders with kick outs?

A tube right under the doors, with a second tube out a few inches from that a lot like what Frieed has going on. I like the secondary protection.

As far as bumpers somewhere between a full width and a stubby, and probably plate

kellerexpress

I run an expedition one rear bumper with carrier. It's solid and high quality and I like it because you can use your back gate like normal, no extra latches. http://www.expeditiononestore.com/J...with-Smooth-Motion-STC-System-JKRB100-STC.htm

Front bumper I run a dagger series bumper from JCR offroad,it's more of a stubby style though. They do make some nice mid-width ones too. Here is a pic of mine
93C9E1A4-4033-4CAB-B3A1-E1AA1BF29737-17715-0000044679AB755B.jpg

4346ad7c41b94f37e33d54cfdd1a95ec_zpscddff4a4.jpg

My sliders are from Ace Engineering. I prefer sliders to be a little closer to the body but needed something to act as a step for my kids.
37b2c0d5.jpg

98f516ad5ad662199b38cfb1574e3f3d.jpg

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I run an expedition one rear bumper with carrier. It's solid and high quality and I like it because you can use your back gate like normal, no extra latches. http://www.expeditiononestore.com/J...with-Smooth-Motion-STC-System-JKRB100-STC.htm

Front bumper I run a dagger series bumper from JCR offroad,it's more of a stubby style though. They do make some nice mid-width ones too. Here is a pic of mine

I dig your sliders, yours are the ones i've been thinking about, but I'm now considering Frieed's offer as it will be much cheaper. Just nervous about the ability of the factory rockers to take a good hit. Also want a quazi full width bumper to keep the fuzz off my tail since it will see a lot of street duty. I like that bumper though

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My favorite front bumper is the Expedition One. Nothing looks as good, but cheap it isn't.
I plan to mod my stock sliders kinda like Frieed did. I've got some ideas about reinforcing them to the body mounts.

Attachments

• 0100.jpg
    0100.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • 0090.jpg
    0090.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 4

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I plan to mod my stock sliders kinda like Frieed did. I've got some ideas about reinforcing them to the body mounts.

Kind of what I'm leaning towards at least for now. I'm not intending to do super crazy stuff in this, just want a little more protection, for the time being anyway. This plan will free up monies for other mods

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's my intent as well. There are several companies that offer pre-bent tube for factory Rubi rails, some are inexpensive, some are not. Poison Spider Rico Rails look great, but are close to $300 for a 4 door kit. I'll build mine similar to those, and add the body mount support like the picture above shows.

This picture shows a filler panel added to the step. It was added to serve as a mud guard. You'll find your JK body gets blasted constantly by the front tires, this keeps the mud off the sides.

Attachments

• 0090.jpg
    0090.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 6