JK parking brake cable disconnected

DAA

I installed a lift kit on a buddies JKU Sport this weekend. AEV 3.5" Dual Sport SC kit. Nice kit. First drives it's riding really, really nice.

But, the parking brake lever doesn't move the cable anymore. Part of the install was disconnecting the cable ends at the backing plate and rerouting the cables.

The ends are connected. But pulling the lever does nothing. No resistance and no movement of the cable ends. So, something further upstream came off while there was a bunch of slack in the cables?

My only guess right now is the connection at the lever itself. Other guesses, anyone?

And, how much of a bitch is it to get the console out of a JK to look at the lever connection? It's pretty easy on a TJ, but I've done it a bunch of times on TJ's. Never messed with a JK console or parking brake lever.

Thoughts, ideas, advice, or just giving me shit, all welcome!

- DAA

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I did the cable reroute on my JL and it called for moving it from on top of the frame to under the frame. There is a bracket that mounts to the frame that you then put the cables in to hold them in place. I wonder if you don't hold them they might be flopping around. But then I also remember that the cable connects to the underside of the body. I could be wrong... its been a year and I can't remember what I ate for dinner tonight... lol

Reactions: DAA