Kanab Resource Management Plan & EIS

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kanab Resource Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement

The Bereau of Land Management (BLM) Kanab Field Office is preparing a RMP and associated EIS for approx. 640,500 acres of public land in south central Utah. The overall objective of the Kanab RMP planning effort is to provide a collaborative, community-based planning approach that assists the BLM in updating the management and resource allocation decisions in outdated plans. To learn more about the RMP/EIS development, visit http://www.kanabrmp.com

The scoping period, which initiated in April 2004, will last until February 125, 2005. The BLM invites you to attend public scoping meetings throughout the area to provide comments and issues during the scoping period.

Salt Lake City - January 13, 2005. SLC Airport Hilton, 5151 Wiley Post Way. 6-9PM

Kanab - January 18, 2005. Kanab City Library. 6-9PM

Escalante - January 19, 2005. Escalante High School. 6-9PM

Panguitch - January 20, 2005. Triple C Arena. 6-9PM

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
This is going to be a very important scoping meeting, part of their plan is to limit the amount of are open to OHV travel... we need to have our interest heard.

I am planning on attending... anyone else?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'll be there.

Folks, we really need to step up & represent land access during this time or the BLM will think it's just the nature nazis who care. Who else is coming?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Greg said:
...Folks, we really need to step up & represent land access during this time or the BLM will think it's just the nature nazis who care. Who else is coming?

Exactly, squeeky wheel gets the cheese... lets all go be squeeky!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was talking to a diesel mechanic in Kanab yesterday about this. The locals are definitely invlolved. He had a nice sticker on his tool box: "Wilderness, the land of no use" :cool:

dbdproductions

Video comments?

What if we were to video tape a bunch of comments to be sent to the BLM and possibly air some of it on At Your Leisure. Just an idea. If some of you like it start sending me pictures from your adventures in the area and we'll setup a time and place to record some interviews. You can even put your own together and send it into me. email me at dbdproductions@sisna.com if you're interested.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
dbdproductions said:
What if we were to video tape a bunch of comments to be sent to the BLM and possibly air some of it on At Your Leisure. Just an idea. If some of you like it start sending me pictures from your adventures in the area and we'll setup a time and place to record some interviews. You can even put your own together and send it into me. email me at dbdproductions@sisna.com if you're interested.

I LOVE the idea of getting it on AYL. The more responses the better the plan....(well, potentially)

dbdproductions

get together in Kanab for comment this SAT feb 12th.

Please let me know what you can do. I need specific information on how, where, and when you use the Kanab BLM lands. There will also be a meeting here in Salt Lake to get your video comments on Wed feb 9 th. I'll announce the time and place asap-Thanks

dbdproductions@sisna.com

Last edited: