killer xj with coilovers all around

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If the guy likes his rig, more power to him. It looks like it is build pretty decent... besides the height. If it works good for him, then cool. Just too high for my tastes. :)

utahxjer

Herzog said:
If the guy likes his rig, more power to him. It looks like it is build pretty decent... besides the height. If it works good for him, then cool. Just too high for my tastes. :)
agreed :)

utahxjer

TRNDRVR said:
What other XJ forum would that be???
Thanks,
Dan.
go to jeepweb.com then click on mid-size forum. His name is FULLSIZEXJ, he's on NAXJA, JU as well. But mostly on the jeepweb one

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Fullsizexj said:
Funny how there are so many opinions without asking any real questions about what plans for it or changes he intends to make on it.
I'm assuming you are the owner of the XJ in question? Welcome to RME! Please tell us about your Cherokee and what your plans are. Don't worry about the guys criticizing it, you should see the crap most of them drive! :eek:

utahxjer

RockMonkey said:
I'm assuming you are the owner of the XJ in question? Welcome to RME! Please tell us about your Cherokee and what your plans are. Don't worry about the guys criticizing it, you should see the crap most of them drive! :eek:
or don't drive :eek:

Fullsizexj

Here are the current specs
16" Sway-Away Duel Rate Remote Resevoir Coil-Over Hocks With Eibach Springs
On All 4 Corners
Mid arm 4-Link front Suspension
Wishbone 3-Link Rear Suspension
Dana 60 Reverse Cut Kingpin Front Axle
With Detroit Locker and 5:38 gears with 35 Spline Axles
Full Floating Dana 60 Rear Axle Superior Chromo Axles
I am working on upgrading this possibly to a Dana 70 for the 35 slpine axles, or grafting the 70 spindles to the 60 but have not decided yet not enough meat on the current spindles to bore out for 35 spline axles
And Loc-Rite Locker which I will upgrade to a detroit once I resolve the axle issue with 5:38 gears
NP231 Transfer Case with Advance Adapters Heavy Duty SYE Kit
Tom Woods Drive Shafts Front And Rear
40 x 13.5 x17" Good Year MTR's
Trail Ready Beadlocks
AGR Power Steering Pump And Steering Box
Warn 8274
Currently Working On EXO Cage For It Also
I am still working on spring rates and once I have them where I want them then I will adjust the coilover mounts to the final ride height I want, just don't see any reason to keep moving the mounts until I have acheived the proper spring rates

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Sounds very well built. Is there any sort of sub-frame to hold the unibody together with those heavy axles? Your rear axle is 30 spline right now? You can bore out the spindles to hold 35 spline axles, and the remaining thickness is plenty support the vehicle. I have not had any problem with mine. However, it was a total PITA and I don't recommend anyone else try it. It sucked. Cutting the spindles off and welding on 70 spindles is a good way to go.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Fullsizexj said:
It's just amazing how so many people know so much from a picture and not one clue about specs

One spec I'm clear on is that it is just too tall. Just my opinion though.

Welcome to RME. :cool:

Fullsizexj

It does have a full subframe under it, I have looked at the existing spindles and it looks to me that in order to bore them out enough that I would almost be into the threads which is just to thin for my comfort so I will suffer with the 30 sline chromos for now as I look around for a 70 or a 70 housing with donor spindles, I have quite a few pick ur parts around here to seach on a regular basis so it won't take long to find something