killer xj with coilovers all around

utahxjer

Vonski X said:
Are you thinking that people here will stop giving their input or possible criticism just because the owner of this rig has posted?
of course not, that is what these boards are for

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
yeah, i agree with Herzog...... it's too tall......and a unibody.....

but it is big, and i'm sure it gets the ladies :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i think it'd be better to take all the running gear and equipment you've got on there, and put it on a custom buggy..... with a lower COG maybe.... ;)

that's what i'd do anyways.....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SAMI said:
yeah, i agree with Herzog...... it's too tall......and a unibody.....

but it is big, and i'm sure it gets the ladies :D
Too tall, for sure. I think he realizes that and will lower it when he gets it dialed in. As for the unibody thing, have you been paying attention? He said he has built a full sub-frame. Lower it a few inches, and I think you've got yourself one sweet rig (y'know, as far as Cherokee's go :D )

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
RockMonkey said:
Too tall, for sure. I think he realizes that and will lower it when he gets it dialed in. As for the unibody thing, have you been paying attention? He said he has built a full sub-frame. Lower it a few inches, and I think you've got yourself one sweet rig (y'know, as far as Cherokee's go :D )

yes i read about the sub frame...... still not cool in my mind.. why go to all the trouble? just build a buggy to your own specs..... ya know? my thoughts anyways...

it is cool though, don't get me wrong....

utahxjer

SAMI said:
yes i read about the sub frame...... still not cool in my mind.. why go to all the trouble? just build a buggy to your own specs..... ya know? my thoughts anyways...

because he WANTS a Cherokee dammit :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SAMI said:

Hey, I'm not saying I would build a Cherokee. But if you're gonna build one, he seems to have done a good job of it. How many on here can boast the parts list he can? How many better built Cherokee's have you seen around here?

utahxjer

RockMonkey said:
Hey, I'm not saying I would build a Cherokee. But if you're gonna build one, he seems to have done a good job of it. How many on here can boast the parts list he can? How many better built Cherokee's have you seen around here?
hey was that a crack at me? just kidding :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
RockMonkey said:

whatever, he doesn't even have a K&N Filter :rolleyes:

:rofl: and i do!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Fullsizexj said:
Here are the current specs
16" Sway-Away Duel Rate Remote Resevoir Coil-Over Hocks With Eibach Springs
On All 4 Corners
Mid arm 4-Link front Suspension
Wishbone 3-Link Rear Suspension
Dana 60 Reverse Cut Kingpin Front Axle
With Detroit Locker and 5:38 gears with 35 Spline Axles
Full Floating Dana 60 Rear Axle Superior Chromo Axles
I am working on upgrading this possibly to a Dana 70 for the 35 slpine axles, or grafting the 70 spindles to the 60 but have not decided yet not enough meat on the current spindles to bore out for 35 spline axles
And Loc-Rite Locker which I will upgrade to a detroit once I resolve the axle issue with 5:38 gears
NP231 Transfer Case with Advance Adapters Heavy Duty SYE Kit
Tom Woods Drive Shafts Front And Rear
40 x 13.5 x17" Good Year MTR's
Trail Ready Beadlocks
AGR Power Steering Pump And Steering Box
Warn 8274
Currently Working On EXO Cage For It Also
I am still working on spring rates and once I have them where I want them then I will adjust the coilover mounts to the final ride height I want, just don't see any reason to keep moving the mounts until I have acheived the proper spring rates

Sounds really set up.

Sounds like it'll be even better when the shocks get dialed in.

What plans are you doing for the exo? My bro has somewhat started on an Exo for his, but doesn't really know where to go from what he has started on. His biggest concern is where the doors open. We saw an XJ hit a rock on his exo cage and it tweaked the whole thing, not one door would open after that little hit he took.

My bro and I like Herzog's internal cage, but my bro would rather like an exo. Have any pics or plans for the exo?

Fullsizexj

Here is the roof section which will double as a rack
1248917-P1200230.jpg

And here it is on top with the upper fender bars tacked on, another yube will run down along the front door edge to the rock rail, there is aready a tube from the brush gaurd running through the flare down to the rock rail
1249586-P1210231.jpg

I have not gone any further with it until I decide on exactly how I want to do the rear 1/4 panels as far as cutting and retubbing the wheel wells for clearance and then I can do the rear pillars, I want to try and run one from the rear of the rock rail under the flare also and then on back to the bumper but that has to be done to match the cutouts and such. Also on a side note, found a Dana 80 rear full floating diff to replace the rear Dana 60