King of the Moto's 2016

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Tomorrow, Jan 31st 2016 is the King of the Moto's race in Johnson Valley!

"The 2016 race will feature two parts. The first part of the competition will be an untimed morning race with a dead-engine, land rush start onto a scored loop with event sign up order to determine starting pick. Finishing position of the morning race will establish afternoon race start position. Sportsman/Amateur riders will start first followed by Pro class riders. Total mileage: 24 miles for Sportsman/Amateur, 27 miles for Pro. Event promoter and creator Jimmy Lewis offers, “As like last year, if the first Sportsman/Amateur rider can make it to the first loop finish ahead of the first Pro, I will give you a free Pro entry for 2017.”

Remote pit available for KOM riders approximately 12 course miles out, and pit team can only provide tools and items such as spare parts and gas for rider to work on and fuel bike. No parts can be delivered other than the two pit locations (remote and hot pits). KOM rider is the only one allowed to touch KOM race bike!

The afternoon race will be 9 miles per lap with a 1.1 mile start mileage and will start at 1:00 PM. Rider to complete as many laps as possible in 3 hours time. If the leader crosses the finish line at 3:59pm (not meeting time limit), riders will have to complete a new lap and the first rider to cross the checkered flag is the winner.

If you can’t make it out to Hammertown, be sure to watch the KLIM King of the Motos LIVE video coverage on http://ultra4racing.com/live/ starting Sunday, January 31st at 12 PM. The recorded start of the 8 AM race will be shown during the afternoon live webcast."

Greg

Admin
Local buddy here in GJ, Tony G, finished the race! Seems like 90% of the field drop out, so finishing is a huge accomplishment!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
watched live feed of it yesterday... I thought it was cool listening to my childhood hero Ricky Johnson do the commentary. props to them riders, they are more machine than the bikes they ride.

Greg

Admin
watched live feed of it yesterday... I thought it was cool listening to my childhood hero Ricky Johnson do the commentary. props to them riders, they are more machine than the bikes they ride.

Yeah, some of those hills they were shooting up, I couldn't ride if I had all day!!

I was kinda disappointing with the coverage, even with the delayed broadcast the coverage was pretty lame IMO.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
yea they need more mobile cams and a chopper or drone and some better sound equipment. I guess they are somewhat limited out there.

Greg

Admin
Highlight reel from 2016! No surprise, but that looks effin' GNARLY!

[video=youtube;tf6IzSL6UU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6IzSL6UU0[/video]

Tonkaman

Oh man that is so cool!! I love the shot of the rocky hillside littered with tipped over riders, that puts it in perspective.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Neat to see this in the USA. Is there more of these races in the US? I watched something similar on the RedBull channel but it looked longer and more brutal. I think it was in Russia. Anyway, this is cool to have out here.

Redbull has a whole series of hard enduro, same races every year in different locations around the world, Erzburgh, Romaniacs, sea to sky, last man standing are a few of them, King of the Moto's is the only one I know of in the USA that is of the same calibur.

Erzburgh Rodeo, is an old Iron Mine, 1500 rider come to qualify, 500 qualify, and less than a dozen finish the race every year. last year only 4 finished.

Last edited: