KTM to buy Husqvarna?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I'll be honest. I have not been impressed with BMW's influence on the Husqvarna from a dual sport standpoint. Dropping the competition 410 and 610 (2002) and later the dual sport 410/610E was not cool. The 449/511 are sorta in their own category imo--street legal yes. Dual sport as advertised? Mmmm..... Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are a plated dirt bike at best :-\ The 650 Terra is rubbing me the wrong way especially with the 400+lb weight :eek: What happened to the 600-650 line that the 610E, 640 LC4, XR650R (that should have been e-start and street legal) and ATK fit into?

Anyway sorry for the rant I'm curious to see how this could pan out. When KTM bought Husaberg great things came for both lines I can only hope for the same with Husqvarna.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...news/2013/January/jan2913-husqvarna-for-sale/

Caleb

It actually sounds like it was KTMs CEO that bought them not KTM themselves. It will be interesting to see what they do. However, being honest, since BMW bought Husky a few years back, I've lost interest in Husky bikes. Maybe if they started back in the direction they used to be heading with some cool dual sport bikes, it may spark an interest for me.