labor day on the snakes

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
got the front suspension done on the xj and decided to head out to rattlesnake. we ran into wayne and mark at the trail head and followed them up the trail. we saw a couple other people while we were out on the trail.

the electric fan on the jeep decided to stop working, and we had to hardline it to the battery to get it to work again. bu the time we got that figured out most of my coolant had evaporated out the overflow bottle. we had heat problems most of the rest of the day. we got it figured out on the way back out. (stupid closed coolant system)

i have a few videos here thanks to joe (jeepinjoe). i will have more as they become available.

the first one is all me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRNUyoyiHE

this one is mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94d-Oy7Wbcw

this is wayne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-TlA8V7W7Q

i have a couple more still loading

Last edited:

JoeT

EKSJAE said:
the electric fan on the jeep decided to stop working, and we had to hardline it to the battery to get it to work again. bu the time we got that figured out most of my coolant had evaporated out the overflow bottle. we had heat problems most of the rest of the day. we got it figured out on the way back out. (stupid closed coolant system)
No mention of how I the innocent bystander was blamed for this or that I fixed the fan. :shawn:

Nice edit on the vids.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
wally said:
Well this kid I ran into over the weekend said he could make in his suburban. I would just think it is a little to wide and also to long.

i would sure like to see that. i can see how the longer wheelbase could be an advantage. but i can also see how it could hurt as well.

Meat_

Banned
I've seen another Blazer sitting at the top
wally said:
Well this kid I ran into over the weekend said he could make in his suburban. I would just think it is a little to wide and also to long.

If it wasn't bobbed (tail cut off) he didn't make it up.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
EKSJAE said:
maybe if tacoma ever gets his monster done we will see how big of a rig can get through there.

i wanna try that obsticle in my 4runner... that looks fun. i haven't been out in that area for years now...

-Jason

Bart

I tried to spot my son up WW in the new 4Runner over the weekend and couldn't get it, then I tried it in the Runner and couldn't do it either. I was bummed. I've been up that in my TJ with no front locker and a limited slip in the rear.

In defense of the Runner we were trying to take it easy because we were ducking out early and drove it out there, and it did do well on a lot of other stuff though. Nice meeting you guys out there this weekend.

Meat_

Banned
SAMI said:
does it not like a longer wheelbase?

Not really :D It's doable though, you just have to take a different line which likes to eat rocker pannels. Although I have made it up the TJ line before.