Lake Powell: Stanton Creek access

Houndoc

For the last 40+ years the Stanton Creek area at Bullfrog has been our go to camp area.

Anyone been down their this year to know how usable it is at current water levels?

Normally we drive down and tent camp. Considering trailer rental so 3 month old grandson has A/C option.

Having sheltered place to beach the boat that is reasonably accessible from camp also needed.

Tonkaman

For the last 40+ years the Stanton Creek area at Bullfrog has been our go to camp area.

Anyone been down their this year to know how usable it is at current water levels?

Normally we drive down and tent camp. Considering trailer rental so 3 month old grandson has A/C option.

Having sheltered place to beach the boat that is reasonably accessible from camp also needed.
I have never been to Stanton campground, but I was at Powell 4 weeks ago. There were plenty of beach campers down that direction, but obviously they got creative with driving down that far. The water is much further away than usual.

Tonkaman

Any news from them?
They didn’t give me any great info on Stanton specifically. They did tell me all about how incredibly low the water is, even compared to our trip last month. There were plenty of vehicles parked down at the beach below Stanton area, but it sounds like quite a ways from the official campground area.

you can see how narrow Bullfrog bay is getting. Those houseboats on the buoys are getting aweful close to land!

You can see the historical high water marks but look closer and you will see a dark ring above the boat. That is the recent water drop.

No pictures of little eden, but they said it’s unrecognizable with the water so low.
EA11495C-AA47-41ED-9F6E-9A15EB10F33A.jpeg9074B06B-D905-41AD-BF39-23935236D419.jpeg

73585601-191F-4373-A415-6E7F67B0B201.jpeg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Where are the ramps at? I heard last month the last two usable ramps at Powell had just a couple feet to go. Got to be close to out of water now.