Landscaping materials

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I need to find some rather large boulders for a landscaping project for my new Home, any ideas where to source such large Rocks...... The bigger the better!

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I've been very surprised at the cost of some of the larger landscape rock, IIRC, there is a weight per person per visit type rock hound number on the books, but I don't recall where or the specifics, sorry...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have an acre to landscape, and will have atleast 2 big flower bed/ rock features... Here is a picture of the lot I am working with any ideas are greatly appreciated I am not very creative when it comes to landscaping all I really know is this is the last time I will move so I want it done right and how I want the first time and I want a flag pole!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
You could totally put a rock course on that and you're talking flag poles?

High roller my ass.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
You could totally put a rock course on that and you're talking flag poles?

High roller my ass.

There will be a shop for extra curricular activities and probably a few strategically placed boulders for some Jeep fun.....

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Yes a giant patio off the back of the house is definately happening as well... The flag pole will be in the front yard surrounded by a flower bed with some sort of flood lights. We dont spend anytime in the house while the sun is out so I would like to keep the majority of the back yard open for various activities and games. I am also more worried more about the front looking extra nice to gain that extra curb appeal. The back yard can be big and bland with minimal features.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I have a lot of boulders at my house, a lot are sizes you could load in a truck with a dolly or a friend or two. I will take a picture tonight so you can see what I have if your interested. But I am not sure if it is worth the drive for you to head out to North Ogden or not.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have a lot of boulders at my house, a lot are sizes you could load in a truck with a dolly or a friend or two. I will take a picture tonight so you can see what I have if your interested. But I am not sure if it is worth the drive for you to head out to North Ogden or not.

I have family up there I can visit so if its something I want I could justify the drive.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That seems like a lot of grass to buy and water but I assume you have secondary water since you're in the boonies...? I also like large, open areas and minimal landscaping but trees along the property line are a must for me

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I have family up there I can visit so if its something I want I could justify the drive.

Here is a design I did for a family up in Weber County, it may give you a few ideas of things you could do, the lot layout is very similar to what you are working with. If you have any questions or anything let me know

SC_2.jpg

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
The lot faces south... All my lawn watering needs are taken care of via irrigation. so my monthly water bill does not suffer

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Here is a design I did for a family up in Weber County, it may give you a few ideas of things you could do, the lot layout is very similar to what you are working with. If you have any questions or anything let me know

View attachment 94949

Very cool. Guessing you are a landscape architect?

Skippy-

PLANT TREES NOW!!! I've got 13 trees on a third acre and would plant more if my wife would let me. Now if I could just get them to grow faster.... My parents bought large boulders from a guy off KSL when they were doing their yard.

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Very cool. Guessing you are a landscape architect?

Skippy-

PLANT TREES NOW!!! I've got 13 trees on a third acre and would plant more if my wife would let me. Now if I could just get them to grow faster.... My parents bought large boulders from a guy off KSL when they were doing their yard.

Nothing will get planted until spring time... then its game on

D

Deleted member 12904

I have an acre to landscape, and will have atleast 2 big flower bed/ rock features... Here is a picture of the lot I am working with any ideas are greatly appreciated I am not very creative when it comes to landscaping all I really know is this is the last time I will move so I want it done right and how I want the first time and I want a flag pole!

Looks like we are neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb

I've got several that are pretty good size (probably still smaller than you want). I would guess the size of three basketballs. I can get some pictures of them. They're free for the taking. Landscape rocks are quite expensive, I paid $1500 for a half dozen large rocks for my backyard.