Left Side of Suicide Hill

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I think people think Bfe is a free for all

It's the tragedy of the commons. But on the flip side, you have highly regulated parks like Arches where you don't have jackholes cutting down trees or shoving their mornings business under a rock, but you're hardly allowed off pavement and have to pay through the nose for the privilege.

I know it's part of Olaf's model and not what he wants to do, but I wonder how much BFE would change if there was even a nominal gate charge. Just to remind people that there's value in the land and the freedom to use it.

bamacpl

I just wish they would get enough hoodies made for EJS so they don't sell out the first few days ;-). I'd like to get one & I'm sure they would make a lot more money.

Olaf

Supporting Member
LOL! I order more hoodies every year and we still sell out. The good news is that you can order them and we'll have them in your hands in 4 weeks.
I have to order minimum of 10 at a time and I have 2 on a wait list. Let me know how many you'd like!

I just wish they would get enough hoodies made for EJS so they don't sell out the first few days ;-). I'd like to get one & I'm sure they would make a lot more money.

Olaf

Supporting Member
No, charging an entry fee isn't our model.
We'll just keep educating to prevent these things from happening.
Thanks!

It's the tragedy of the commons. But on the flip side, you have highly regulated parks like Arches where you don't have jackholes cutting down trees or shoving their mornings business under a rock, but you're hardly allowed off pavement and have to pay through the nose for the privilege.

I know it's part of Olaf's model and not what he wants to do, but I wonder how much BFE would change if there was even a nominal gate charge. Just to remind people that there's value in the land and the freedom to use it.

zukijames

was thinking of this today ... and are there any signs in the park asking to stay on designated routes?/ dont cut/run over trees i know thats not something that should have to be asked or told..

honestly when i was introduced to bfe i was told it was a free for all and could go anywhere and try to climb any thing..