Left Side of Suicide Hill

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
:cody:You should of kept trying ben. Would be super cool if ya made it. Looks like reverse was a little hard to find for ya. I think if you would have been any higher on the hill to would have ended up on your roof. Keep trying..:cody:

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
:cody:You should of kept trying ben. Would be super cool if ya made it. Looks like reverse was a little hard to find for ya. I think if you would have been any higher on the hill to would have ended up on your roof. Keep trying..:cody:

I'll make it. I agree I would have been on the lid if I would have made it any higher. It's a tough obstacle to back down. With the front end slid over the left if you slam reverse, the other side of the crack would pitch that end up, and you'd roll sideways.

I noticed when you drove it in the 4 seater you climbed the face, but in your buggy you took the line I was on, right? Once your front tires climbed the last ledge, did you completely stop, then front dig around the boulder at the top?

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
I didnt stop at all.. I slowed down a little at the top but never let off. If you keep your momentum the rear will slide to the driverside and align you so you have a strait shot up and over. If you let off it pitches your front end to the left.

Brosiph4x4

Beach your nuts man!!! every time im out at suicide hill i look at your left line and opt out... i know i would end up on my lid!!!
any way i thought this thread was for the left line on suicide hill, and there is a crap load of vids of people going up the right:ugh:

not the left line but here you go this is the middle line

[video=youtube_share;CAmThrelgoc]http://youtu.be/CAmThrelgoc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;02ZHj8G40NE]http://youtu.be/02ZHj8G40NE[/video]

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
We took a trip around the property today to see the impact of Jeep Safari on the the new and old trails. DropKick has definitely developed into a nice trail!!!
We don't mind people looking for optional difficult obstacles along the trail but we would like a minimum amount of damage or running over trees in the process.
The tree at the top of Suicide Hill separates the right and left sides of the climb which is what makes that Hill a great ciimb. Please try not damage it further.

Brosiph4x4

I was not trying to damage the tree if some one would have held the branch back, would have been no big deal, but the branch had already been run over, not like i was trying to rip your tree out, i respect you and your property.

sixstringsteve

I don't think anyone tries to damage a tree on a trail. Often, making the climb is the first priority, and avoiding the tree is the second priority. That was a sweet climb, and it looked extremely difficult. But if a climb requires clipping a tree, in my opinion it's worth backing off the obstacle and not doing it. Not trying to point fingers, I've seen lots of others clip the tree, and I've seen it on lots of other trails (rattlesnake in particular). The tree by the rock garden on RS is all but dead now from rigs clipping it on their way out. They're not trying to damage it, but it ends up happening.

I think a lot of people think that as long as they didn't try to damage something then it's ok. In my opinion, the way to respect the trail and people's property is to make sure it doesn't get damaged (1st priority), even if that means not making the climb (2nd priority). Once again, this isn't meant to be a personal attack. If every wheeler obeyed that mantra, then it wouldn't be an issue.

I also believe that if more people knew that Olaf cared about the trees on his property that they'd be more aware. I've wheeled part of BFE once, and I didn't run over any vegetation, but I was always under the (wrong) assumption that since it was private property, it didn't matter if we went off trail or clipped a tree, or whatever. I still acted like it was a BLM trail and stayed on it and treaded lightly. I wonder how many others knew that Olaf cared about the trees and staying on the trail out there. This was the first time I'd heard of it.

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
We prefer to allow people to police themselves at AreaBFE and don't like to impose too many rules. We also understand that vegetation will get damaged, especially with a race on the property. However, we've cleared most vegetation from the trails and we encourage people to not run into or over vegetation whenever possible. If you would like to create an obstacle or have an idea for a trail then please let us know so that we can take a look at it. We already have 3 trails lined out for the future so we're not opposed to cutting through vegetation to create trails or obstacles but we want to approve it first.

Olaf

Supporting Member
I was not trying to damage the tree if some one would have held the branch back, would have been no big deal, but the branch had already been run over, not like i was trying to rip your tree out, i respect you and your property.

There are other areas that looked liked they had trees run over recently and we thought it would be good to make mention so as to minimize random routes being created.

Olaf

Supporting Member
Update on Suicide hill....

It's a favorite climb for many but with one tree dead on the right and the one tree continuing to get clipped, we may have to unfortunately close that climb to allow that area to regenerate itself! The roots of that lone tree prevent errosion to the trail above. Please do not clip the tree. If you can't make the climb without hitting the tree then don't climb the obstacle.

There are other climbs around the property like the entry to DropKick that are very challenging. If you see a potential climb please let us know your interest BEFORE you attempt to climb it. With your help, we'll determine if it's a good place to open up another obstacle.

Unfortunately, we're losing too many trees on the property to vehicles running into and over as well as people cutting them down for firewood!

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Olaf

chadschoon

This is to bad. Please respect Olaf's land. It will be sad to see such a great obstacle closed.

Update on Suicide hill....

It's a favorite climb for many but with one tree dead on the right and the one tree continuing to get clipped, we may have to unfortunately close that climb to allow that area to regenerate itself! The roots of that lone tree prevent errosion to the trail above. Please do not clip the tree. If you can't make the climb without hitting the tree then don't climb the obstacle.

There are other climbs around the property like the entry to DropKick that are very challenging. If you see a potential climb please let us know your interest BEFORE you attempt to climb it. With your help, we'll determine if it's a good place to open up another obstacle.

Unfortunately, we're losing too many trees on the property to vehicles running into and over as well as people cutting them down for firewood!

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Olaf

Bart

Agree on the trees. I don't understand why people have such a great opportunity to enjoy BFE and then they abuse it. I haven't hit the tree myself but have seen a few into it.