Lincoln 175 Vs Miller 175

Lincoln 175 vs miller 175

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cherokeeman87

personally i like millers better living in utah atleast its easier to get parts, which you do i think you live in the wj or right on border.. live by ya. but i have consistently used them and i just picked up the 210 and love it. it does wonders and they run for ever.

Caleb

parts are sixes, in fact Lincolns are probably easier because most of the Hardware stores sell Lincoln consumables. Any welding shop will sell parts for either.

I had the MM175 and I loved it, however it was kind of weird at first to weld with, it has an internal voltage control thing. It's supposed to automatically adjust for what ever your stickout is. I never liked that and it was very noticeable when you'd go back and forth between machines. I'd look seriously at the 210s (I know thats a big price jump) or even the Hobart Handler 180. Of those two though, I really liked my MM175 but would probably go Red if I bought that class of a machine again.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
I've welded with both miller and lincoln in my high school shop and personally i thought the millers where much better, i did alot of weird a$$ custom shizzle for sum of the schools vehicles and the welds always turned out better for me when i used the miller

anvil

I spent a lot of time running both a Lincoln Powermig 255 and a Millermatic 251. Both were very comparable. When I bought mine I went Miller for the longer warranty. I haven't used the 175s so I can't comment there.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Red is just prettier, that's all. :D I've owned a Millermatic 210 and it was great, and now a Lincoln 175, (cuz it was cheaper at the time than even a Hobart), and it is great.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Can't comment on the Miller, but I love my Lincoln 175sp Plus. It'll weld anything I'll ever need & has way more capability that I do.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Greg said:
Can't comment on the Miller, but I love my Lincoln 175sp Plus. It'll weld anything I'll ever need & has way more capability that I do.

X2 on the 175+.

I stayed away from the miller 175 because of the voltage control mentioned earlier. I ended up going with the Hobart 180 because the price was just too good to pass and most of the parts say miller anyway.

I wish it had the adjustable voltage like the lincoln though. my 2c

dep

I have a lincoln and have had no problems but according to praxair the lincolns you buy at home depot etc are not real lincolns they are chinese cheapees with the lincoln paint. Thats why they are so much less money.

Caleb

Samuraiman said:
Same welder different name and color LOL. Ask the service and repair guys.
funny, cause every service guy I have spoke with has their own preference...granted you don't always get the same answer but they all have their preferences.

richpblaze

Thats what I would say,

dep said:
I have a lincoln and have had no problems but according to praxair the lincolns you buy at home depot etc are not real lincolns they are chinese cheapees with the lincoln paint. Thats why they are so much less money.

If I were a salesman triing to charge $300.00 more for the same product.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

dep

If I were a salesman triing to chaege $300.00 more for the same product.

I wasnt buying at the time and have had a pretty good relationship with them for several years so I have no reason to disbelieve.

Verceingetorix

welder

I Like Millers I Have Used Both MillerS And LincolnS Welding In Many Different Applications And Types OF Materials. Between The Two I Would Say Miller

My Current Welder Is A Esab Muliti Master 260 And I Like The Esab More Than My Old Miller Only Probelm Is Esab Parts Have To Be Special Ordered.

So My Vote Is Yellow

Caleb

verceingetorix said:
I Like Millers I Have Used Both MillerS And LincolnS Welding In Many Different Applications And Types OF Materials. Between The Two I Would Say Miller

My Current Welder Is A Esab Muliti Master 260 And I Like The Esab More Than My Old Miller Only Probelm Is Esab Parts Have To Be Special Ordered.

So My Vote Is Yellow

have you tried US Welding? They always had Esab parts in stock...