Lindsay Machine= Awesome people

jentzschman

So, here is the story:

Getting ready to put my motor back together. As I was prepping and cleaning the cases, it hits me that there are two "blind pressed" bearings that will not allow you to press them out. (there is only one way to get them in and out)

I figured I would do some leg work before heading to Chads. Took the case to South Valley Motorsports. Figured they would have all the fancy tools to get them out. They quoted me 40+ bucks to pull tow bearings. That did not feel right. So, I when over to Lindsay Machine. (interesting side story. Chad had mentioned them the other night as we were splitting the cases, and I am glad he did)

They guy looked at it (not sure his name) and said "you know a trick? Stick them in the over at 350 for an hour, the bearings will fall right out." He could see a little hesitation on my face about doing this my house (another interesting side story) so he said "You live close? Come back in an hour and I will throw it in our over, I wont even charge you"

Go back an hour later and he has pulled ALL the bearings in the one side case!

Not to mention that there were these little bearings for the push rod/linkage that the clutch cable connects too near the stator and flywheel, that got some steel wool in as I was cleaning. He said they were more difficult to get out, but he would flush them out! They feel good as new.

Needless to say, he has gained a customer.

photo.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

jentzschman

I've heard nothing but good things about lindsay machine. Glad they were able to help you.

As am I. This will save some time tonight for sure. I am excited to get ht motor back together. Once I have the cases put back, it will be a sigh of relief. All the other stuff is pretty easy. getting the tranny and all that to line up I hear is tricky business. Taking your time and patience I hear go a long way at this stage.

sixstringsteve

and to think that you had never wrenched on a motorcycle 3 months ago. Now you're a pro! Imagine what a motorcycle maintenance class would have cost at a JC. The project may have cost more than you planned, but the education was well worth it.

Westernhunter

20 yrs ago, when I was racing 4 wheelers, Lindsay Machine was the best. Glad to hear that things have not changed. Very rare!