List Your Top Ten Favorite Paces You Have Been Or Seen in Utah

DAA

The bears ears...

I'll be rolling out my sleeping bag tonight to sleep under the stars with the Bears Ears in sight. Might drive up past them sometime this weekend, not sure, just depends on how much snow is up high and what I feel like doing. Walking over to look at the Citadel first thing tomorrow morning though :).

- DAA

MOODY

Bald Guy
I'll be rolling out my sleeping bag tonight to sleep under the stars with the Bears Ears in sight. Might drive up past them sometime this weekend, not sure, just depends on how much snow is up high and what I feel like doing. Walking over to look at the Citadel first thing tomorrow morning though :).

- DAA
Interested to hear about the road conditions.

roverrocks

Utah is lame. Nebraska is where it's at.
No four wheeling in Nebraska BUT tooling around all the hundreds of winding miles of paved roads/gravel roads through the Nebraska Sandhills (20,000 sq miles) is incredible scenery in any season but especially early summer. Hundreds of natural lakes, giant ancient dunes covered in mid and tall grass prairie abounding in wildflowers, beautiful ranches, lovely small rivers such as the Dismal, Niobrara, and Snake. Also the Pine Ridge and Wildcat Hills areas in Western Nebraska are very scenic. Toadstool Park, Agate Fossil Beds, Ft. Robinson State Park, Soldier Creek Wilderness, Oglala National Grassland, Scotts Bluff National Monument, Valentine National Wildlife Refuge, Crescent Lake National Wildlife Refuge, large Lake McConaughy among other places.

roverrocks

Dolores Triangle- Beautiful and remote
Hole in the Rock Trail
Hole in the Rock Road
Wolverine Petrified Wood Area
Valley of the Gods and The Mexican Hat
Escalante River hike From Escalante, Utah eastward to Highway 12
Fish Springs National Wildlife Refuge in the West Desert
Hiking Notch Peak
Ben Lomand Hike from the north Ogden Divide Road
Cathedral Valley
The ferry ride at Bullfrog/Hall's Crossing
Strike Valley Overlook and the Waterpocket Fold
Kodachrome Basin State Park
Comb Wash and Comb Ridge area
Natural Bridges National Monument and Fry Canyon area
Hell's Revenge, Hell's Gate, and Fins & Things 4x4 trails
Cedar Mesa ruins
Hovenweep area
Montezuma Canyon road and ruins/pictographs
White Rim Trail
The whole Needles/Elephant Hill area- a real jewel of an area including wheeling into Beef Basin
Lavender and Davis Canyons
Sego area
rafting Westwater Canyon from Westwater to the Cisco Takeout
Wheeling the Kokopelli Trail
Dirty Devil Overlook
San Raphael Reef and Swell-great hikes and great drives
Baker, Utah because Great Basin NP is just to the west in Nevada
Tower Arch and Marching Men Trail in Arches NP
Pritchett Arch

sixstringsteve

One more idea midog. There are TONS of great places here. Some are best combined with other routes in the area. One thing that has helped me is to buy a benchmark atlas and highlight the trails/areas I want to see. That helps me plan a weekend trip and see two or three of the sights while I'm down there, rather than learning after the fact that I walked right past an awesome awera without knowing it.

DAA

Interested to hear about the road conditions.

I ended up staying down on Cedar Mesa, never tried to drive up high. Roads down on the mesa are dry - the Subaru's were out in force. Could see just a skiff of snow on the very top of the Bears Ears, but it looked basically dry up there too. Abajo's still had a fair amount of snow showing though.

- DAA