Little Moab Labor Day

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
This might me an alternative for those who can't make it to some where cool like REAL Moab or 21 Road.

I was planning to go on a wheeling trip with a big group of family and family friends. Well it didn't work out.:mad: I am planning on going either late Sunday afternoon and do an overnighter (rock lights!) or leave early Monday morning and go just for the day.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I kinda thought about monday. Depends on how much labor I get done before labor day :) Maybee it can be lazy day .......

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
That would be sweet if you guys came out! Look for me in a yellow Toy truck we are going to stay the night. There's at least six of my buddies that are going to come. Most of the wheeling will probably be done Monday. So if you can only come for the day, it would still be worth it!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Keep an eye out for me around 3ish. If it looks like it may have once been something similar to a grand cherokee, it's probably me.

Cody

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'll be there around 10:00 am. Look for the CJ5 with Britney on the bumper and a fleet of minivans in tow, I just threw on my anti-wrap bar and I'm stoked!

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Well, I remember seeing you Jeremy. I was in the Yellow Toy. I was trying an obstacle forever and for some reason I couldn't make it up, then you have to come along and show me up that was great! I promise I have done it before! That is why i kept trying it.

I thought not only should I make it, but I should be able to do it quite easy. That's probably what happened! But I doubled my crawl ratio, cut off 20" off the bed, and had a sweet new clutch! I don't get it!?:mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by yellowjacket
I doubled my crawl ratio, cut off 20" off the bed, and had a sweet new clutch! I don't get it!?:mad: :mad:

OK, so I wasn't there, but this problem sounds familiar. Were you trying to crawl it in your lowest gear? I've seen plenty of Toyota guys with deep gears forget how to use wheel speed or bump up obstacles. One guy I know uses approx. 227:1 in competition for everything! I use 98:1 most of the time with much better success. Also, did you have more gear in the bed this time? Do you run lower pressure in the rear tires now that a large portion fo your bed has been removed? You'd be amazed how much your mods will change how your rig works.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, I remember seeing you Jeremy. I was in the Yellow Toy. I was trying an obstacle forever and for some reason I couldn't make it up, then you have to come along and show me up that was great!

I wasn't trying to show anybody up, I was just trying to get to the C-store and that seemed like the quickest route!:D J/K
Vonski might be right, did you drop your rear air press. after the diet? You should really get that front ARB looked at, it wasn't workin worth a crap!:eek: I have pic's but my computer is crappin out on me so I can't upload them.:mad:

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Come on guys, I'm working on the ARB! You do have a point about the weight difference. I didn't really realize how big of a difference it could make. Last time I made it I had my spare tire in the back and down to 10 psi. I forgot my spare this time and so I only went down to 12. (with no weight in the rear)

Should I keep weight in back and stay at 10 psi??

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I also noticed you were getting some axle wrap. You might think about a wrap bar. As for tire pressure, I ran four psi and you should probably think about comin' down to at least 8 psi.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Come on guys, I'm working on the ARB! You do have a point about the weight difference. I didn't really realize how big of a difference it could make. Last time I made it I had my spare tire in the back and down to 10 psi. I forgot my spare this time and so I only went down to 12. (with no weight in the rear)

Should I keep weight in back and stay at 10 psi??

I've found that I'm better off with heavy gear as close to the cab as possible. No clue on what pressure you should run. Find a good wall and play around on it at different pressures until it works. If you don't have a traction bar in the rear, get one! I run one up front too, but it's not as critical.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
I might try to built a traction bar with some buddies, but if I it doesn't work out I'll give you and Carl a call! I never knew how big of a deal a trac bar was until I saw you walk right up Rock Pile.