Little Moab

RockCrwlr

I was just wondering if anyone else was aware that there was a "rave" at Little Moab on Sat. (07/31)? People were cleaning up on Sun. morning when we showed up. Supposedly, there were about 1,000 people there. They also told us that LM was all private land and not BLM. Does anyone know this for sure?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Public land, in fact State Trust Lands to be exact (as well as BLM and "some" private)...

Any idea who hosted the event, know anyone there, did they do an adequate cleanup?

I'm sure my contacts with the BLM (overseas the SITLA land) would love to hear more about that...

Spill the beans...

RockCrwlr

Not sure who hosted it, but they were there well past noon cleaning up. I don't know anyone who attended. The cleanup was pretty good. Let's just say I've never seen so much bottled water and so many glowsticks in one place!

Do you know for sure if the upper rocks are public or private? I really wish the BLM or State would considering making LM just like the 3 Peaks Rec. Area in Cedar City. With the amount of use LM sees theses days, something has got to happen. If it's left like this, it's only a matter of time until the "you-know-whos" find it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
RockCrwlr said:
Not sure who hosted it, but they were there well past noon cleaning up. I don't know anyone who attended. The cleanup was pretty good. Let's just say I've never seen so much bottled water and so many glowsticks in one place!...

Did you get a single name, license plate number, etc?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
RockCrwlr said:
...Do you know for sure if the upper rocks are public or private? I really wish the BLM or State would considering making LM just like the 3 Peaks Rec. Area in Cedar City. With the amount of use LM sees theses days, something has got to happen. If it's left like this, it's only a matter of time until the "you-know-whos" find it.

Get ahold of them and present the idea to them... it may be able to be tacked onto the BLM's "Five Mile Pass OHV Area"... short of doing some legwork, nothing is gonna change...

Make some calls and let us know what you find, I'd be more than willing to join you in meeting with any of the BLM reps (that have power of this type of proposal)

cruiserkitten70

I am pretty positive I know who threw that rave...I sent you a PM Kurt. I will find out for sure...but they are a pack of complete morons.They live down the street from me. They use to throw pretty big house partys at this run down house behind Jeepers over on 4800 south and 300 west.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
well no matter what, i think we should all try to do our part to clean that place up, its not that bad, but its not that good either, we should all try a little harder to keep it nice, every time i go there, theres beer cans in and around the fire pits and there will be peoples garbage hanging from trees, one time i found two tvs there that people brought to shoot at and then just left them there, there isnt anything wrong with having partys there or having a good time (a rave is a bit out of hand) but lets just clean up a bit, do the boy scout thing(dont burn it down) leave it cleaner than when you came, sounds lame but itll work

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
cruiseroutfit said:
Get ahold of them and present the idea to them... it may be able to be tacked onto the BLM's "Five Mile Pass OHV Area"... short of doing some legwork, nothing is gonna change...

Make some calls and let us know what you find, I'd be more than willing to join you in meeting with any of the BLM reps (that have power of this type of proposal)

Any progress on this? Make any calls?