West Desert Area (45 miles SSW of SLC)
No specific trail, recreation area only

N 40-04'23.3"
W 112-02'35.8"

Elevation 5166 ft.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
If your not sure, try maps.yahoo.com
if you enter those numbers it should show you that exact location, and if you wan, you can print out a map and everything.
I've done this several times when looking for and address.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I just looked at mine, and yours are real close, if not dead on!
My numbers just look different than yours, is all...
N40°04.474'
W112°02.679'
5089'

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
this is what I get...

I plugged your two lat/lon numbers into my Delorme Topo 5.0 and this is what I get?

Are we close?

Attachments

• little Moab.jpg
    little Moab.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 210

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Almost dead on. That will get you there for sure! But if you wanted to see the topo of the area it is in, take your point on the map and go SW about 1/8" of an inch.

yota87truck

Yotas ROCK
Little Moab?:
LittleMoab.jpg

We (SLC 4X4) had that area for NPLD Cleanup. We hauled loads of trash out of there. It is a great place, but trashy people trash it out due to it's remote location, and very few eyewitnesses. I suggest to take extra trash bags, and bring some home. I went out there coyote hunting a few days back, and the trash is building again. I brought a few bags home with me. I had my buggy out there, but it was sleeting, snowing, and colder than the south pole. Was not a good wheeling day, but still a lot of fun.

TooRisky

I am an old school wheeler going back to the 70's, I feel like a cave man when I see all these new cool gadgets and think it is time for me to look into this new tech. Hell I bet the techno internet drivers of today have all the new stuff, any ideas of the gadgets to get...?

TooRisky

It is a big night party place for the local high schools and such. It always good use a good cleanup. Kudos if you are helping to do so.

I hate all the trash and stuff....but can remember the great times had as a young man drunk on his ass showing off for the girls, beer cans flinging from both sides of the rig...LOL good times but no excuse for the trash....

skenderbej

I went out there today. I thought I'd post the coordinates for the intersection where you turn off Highway 68 onto 9600 South (gravel road) to get to Little Moab. Having never been there, the coordinates would have been helpful to me.

Utah County
Southwest section of Utah Lake
Intersection Hwy 68/9600 South to Little Moab.

N 40*03.275'
W 111*57.505'

The previously posted coordinates are dead on, btw.

Last edited:

Ford Prefect

I went out there today. I thought I'd post the coordinates for the intersection where you turn off Highway 68 onto 9600 South (gravel road) to get to Little Moab. Having never been there, the coordinates would have been helpful to me.

Utah County
Southwest section of Utah Lake
Intersection Hwy 68/9600 South to Little Moab.

N 40*03.275'
W 111*57.505'

The previously posted coordinates are dead on, btw.

THANK YOU!!! I was looking for this exact thing, started to think I would not find it!

Thanks.

Brian