lod bumper pass insp?

JKWasatch

Does anyone here know if a LOD mid width front bumper would pass a Utah inspection. The law says ”track width” but I was wondering what your experience has been.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You can always try, but I doubt it. You still have the stock bumper? I'm sure it's a pain, but you could always swap the stock bumper back on for the inspection, if your aftermarket bumper fails.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have a BTF bumper that is about the same width. It has passed inspection 5-6 times without question. Last time he flagged it as being too narrow. My solution was to weld some sections of reciever inside/behind the bumper that were multi-purpose for tow points. Then I created a street legal bumper that could also slide into those reciever points. It is ugly, but since it attaches with pins, it was signed off as being legal. Now I have a Utah legal bumper that can be installed or removed as needed.

JKWasatch

Thanks for the input. I have 37x13.5 mud grapplers on the rig and already forked out 700+ bones for bushwacker flares to pass. I don't really wanna swap bumpers every 2 years. Prob is that I have a rub on the stock front bumper when I turn under compression. Besides... the stocker is lame and I need a winch up there! I just can't bear to bolt on one of those ugly "smiley face" full width bumpers that everybody is hawking now. Got a buddy with an LJ and a shorty that passes every time. Guess it's rollin the dice...

JKWasatch

Rusted has a good setup but if I'm spendin some dough anyway I was looking for an easy solution. My fab time is now at an absolute minimum. (damn kids...)

JKWasatch

I've got a stocker here, if you want to "borrow" it. I'm keeping it for the same reasons. ;)

HAHA. When did this get to be such a Pain in the a.. There is an arch on our dam plates n you'd think they'd make it easier to see it. Funy thing is...they don't say nuthin bout sketchy trucks. (had one!)

thenag

HAHA. When did this get to be such a Pain in the a.. There is an arch on our dam plates n you'd think they'd make it easier to see it. Funy thing is...they don't say nuthin bout sketchy trucks. (had one!)

I think they are getting pressure from the state to be more strict, seems like they have gotten tighter in the last few years...

I don't know what an "LOD" bumper is but if you could sell it and get something that would for sure pass that might be the ticket, remember it is not just inspection, you can be pulled over and ticketed for a safety thing.

Nathan