Wanted Looking for a 4L60E

SamuelGlen

I am a homeless and disabled veteran here in the Orem area. I am looking for a 4L60E for my 93 4x4 chevy truck. I have cash for one, I am just hoping someone here has a good one so I don't have to take my chances with one from a pick and pull. I need to get my truck back up because I am sleeping in it for a couple more weeks until start CDL training at Sage CDL school in Sandy. I need to be able to stay close because my ex lives here in Orem and I want to be able to see my kids. Anyway again I have cash for a 4L60E if someone has one. Thanks.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I am a homeless and disabled veteran here in the Orem area. I am looking for a 4L60E for my 93 4x4 chevy truck. I have cash for one, I am just hoping someone here has a good one so I don't have to take my chances with one from a pick and pull. I need to get my truck back up because I am sleeping in it for a couple more weeks until start CDL training at Sage CDL school in Sandy. I need to be able to stay close because my ex lives here in Orem and I want to be able to see my kids. Anyway again I have cash for a 4L60E if someone has one. Thanks.

Can’t help you with a transmission, but have you considered just going to a company that will train you? I’ve been out of the trucking game for a while, but CR England and Swift I believe will still train. Not sure if they require a contract. Save you some $$ unless GI Bill is covering it then party on.

Wouldn’t want to work for either company long term, but getting training paid for and your feet wet at one of those companies.

SamuelGlen

Can’t help you with a transmission, but have you considered just going to a company that will train you? I’ve been out of the trucking game for a while, but CR England and Swift I believe will still train. Not sure if they require a contract. Save you some $$ unless GI Bill is covering it then party on.

Wouldn’t want to work for either company long term, but getting training paid for and your feet wet at one of those companies.
Considered those companies. Decided against them as I have tons of driving experience from my time in the service. Workforce Services is paying for Sage school and it only takes a couple weeks. Swift snd CR Englund both require training with a trainer in the truck for weeks and a contract. I would not do good with a trainer in the cab for extended periods due to my PTSD. I have trouble dealing with people for extended times. It is sad hence the divorce. Looking at possibly a couple of local companies for employment when I am done. Who do you drive for?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Considered those companies. Decided against them as I have tons of driving experience from my time in the service. Workforce Services is paying for Sage school and it only takes a couple weeks. Swift snd CR Englund both require training with a trainer in the truck for weeks and a contract. I would not do good with a trainer in the cab for extended periods due to my PTSD. I have trouble dealing with people for extended times. It is sad hence the divorce. Looking at possibly a couple of local companies for employment when I am done. Who do you drive for?

Copy that, totally understand I’m the same way. Locally drove for MaxWay, Barney Trucking, Alpha Transport, FedEx Freight.

Good luck in your search. Thanks for your sacrifice, happy Veterans Day

SamuelGlen

Ended up buying another old chevy. Gonna sweat the transmission later after life settles out some. Picked up a sweet 95 K2500 4x4 Suburban. Thakns for the good thoughts guys.

Anyone have a spare Klune Overdrive laying around? This 454 is getting a bit over 8mpgs.

Attachments

• 20221113_104142.jpg
    20221113_104142.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 12