• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Looking for a tile person: Need to redo my master bedroom shower again

shortstraw8

I know a guy.. absolutely the BEST... but not the cheapest. PM me if you want his number.
Same, crazy meticulous. He once hand etched bumble bees into tile for a little girls shower. Downside is it takes him a little longer, and also not sure he would travel that distance for normal cost.
There are some companies that do custom molded showerpans that eliminate grout and seems, you might end up about the same price. I think you can get them through lowes/depot I know whitewater in lindon does them as well. Our tub gets here in a few days (for the last few weeks) when I get that installed I may return all my shower pan material and spring for one.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I did get in touch with my sub contractor. He's trying to make things right. Good dude. We'll see how things go. (Didn't bother to contact my general contractor--I already know his answer. He and I see things about my house very differently. He did do some good things for me, but there are some philosophical differences between us that would make it difficult for me to do business in the future with him. I'm not planning on ever building another house so that really doesn't matter to him either. )

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Definitely the pan again. Have to fill up the shower to the brim and it will leak…. Now to convince the sub to come out again. He’s been doing this for 23-24 years and has had 2 pans leak. Now I have had it twice in my house. He’s not believing but I’d like to know what he thinks. He’s a good dude and has helped me deal with a bunch of squeaks in the subfloor and such he shouldn’t have had to deal with.

Last edited: