Looking for a topographic map of Mt Nebo & AF Canyon

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Back in the mid 1990s, I bought a kick ass topographic map. It was printed on water-resistant, tear-resistant paper. On one side was Mt Nebo Loop and all the bike/hiking trails found there (which was why I bought it--I used to bike there a lot). On the other side was a map of the entire American Fork Canyon and all its roads and trails (which came in handy years later when I bought a Jeep). I loved this map. I cherished this map.

I have apparently lost this map.

Now that I have a new bike, I want to return to Mt Nebo and re-visit the Bennie Creek Cutoff Trail (among others). No big deal; I'll just hop online and buy myself another one. Trouble is, I can't find it. It was one in an apparent series of maps, and I'd recognize the general logo if I saw it but I don't remember it well enough to describe to you all. The logo was mostly brown. Sorry I'm not much help.

It is not this map brand/style:
133155.jpg.jpg

Anybody have any maps like this? Maybe something you can show me so I know what brand I'm trying to find?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Not any help with your old map, most of my paper maps are Nat Geo like that one and basic USGS topos. But have you seen Trailforks? Web page and app, terribly useful for finding MTB trails.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I found a photo of a "vintage" Trails Illustrated map, and I recognized that logo. Apparently my cherished map has been bought out by/merged with National Geographic and has become a redesigned series like the example I posted above. Hmm.

Now I need to see if they still make the map I want.