Lower Helldorado... probably a rumor.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I was in Moab over Labor Day weekend and as I was preparing to head out, I aired up my tires at one of the gas stations. While I was airing up, a guy driving an XJ stopped me to ask if Lower Helldorado was opened again. He said he'd heard from more than a few locals that Lower Helldorado was opened again as of 2 weeks ago. I asked about the property owner, (Kylei whatever) and what had happened to her. He knew nothing more about the situation, other than the claim that it was opened again.

Now before you get too excited, I'm calling BS on this. I see no way it could be opened again, especially considering the way in which it was closed.

We actually drove past the entrance to Lower Helldorado, on our way to Green Day @ Area BFE on sunday. The signs were still up and the trailhead was fenced off. Even more reason to doubt the rumor.

So... any chance one of the Moab locals look into this & verify one way or another about the current state of the trail?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I received a PM last week about the same deal... He was going to get ahold of Jeff or Dave (Moab guru's) and see what they knew.

fingers crossed...

notajeep

Just me
I have heard this as well, Maybe Dave (greenjeep) may know something more?
Off topic: Greg, I think that I saw you saturday afternoon at Moab Brewery. I think that it was your 4runner that I parkend next to.... I was going to come say hi, but I wasn't sure that it was you.

Greg

Admin
cruiseroutfit said:
I received a PM last week about the same deal... He was going to get ahold of Jeff or Dave (Moab guru's) and see what they knew.

fingers crossed...

Good to hear I'm not the first to be spreading the rumor... :)

Greg

Admin
notajeep said:
I have heard this as well, Maybe Dave (greenjeep) may know something more?
Off topic: Greg, I think that I saw you saturday afternoon at Moab Brewery. I think that it was your 4runner that I parkend next to.... I was going to come say hi, but I wasn't sure that it was you.

I saw Dave for just a bit before leaving town, unfortunatley we met before I heard the rumor.

That was my junk, I recognized your rig when I walked out after finishing lunch.

DrMoab

:mad2: One of the Moab Locals that is a member of NAXJA told me about it.

He just sent me a message saying he was mistaken and it definatly is NOT open.

They went to check and it is still closed....BUMMER!:mad2:

Greg

Admin
DrMoab said:
:mad2: One of the Moab Locals that is a member of NAXJA told me about it.

He just sent me a message saying he was mistaken and it definatly is NOT open.

They went to check and it is still closed....BUMMER!:mad2:

Probably the guy I talked to, they were on their way out to check it out. He was on a red XJ, looked like a few inches of lift and 32-33's?

DrMoab

Greg said:
Probably the guy I talked to, they were on their way out to check it out. He was on a red XJ, looked like a few inches of lift and 32-33's?
Long Goatee, jeep beat to hell....talked really fast? LOL Yep thats him.