Machine shop/Engine builder and mechanic recommendations -

ozzy702

This is in reference to http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...ded-May-need-bottom-end-rebuilt-or-motor-swap

I may be rebuilding my 22RE and since I'm a motor newb am considering having someone else do all the work, although I may try to get past my fears and do the work (sans machining of course) myself. I will probably bore the motor over .040 and deck the block .010 (new head on it now). Looking for recommendations for machine shop and also for a mechanic that knows 22REs well and can help make sure everything will be running as good as possible. Not trying to build the motor for "performance" since with a 22RE that's an oxymoron but would like to get it back to at least factory levels of anemic squirrel power. :D

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Chase39

Hunter Machine in west valley has done all my work for years. probably 6 22re heads and 2 full blocks. Really good on prices too. They have my 7.3 powerstroke right now

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
What you should do is buy my 4.3 vortec motor with the harness and ECU already cut down and programmed for the Toyota.....

double your horsepower and save yourself money

Last edited:

ozzy702

What kind of turnaround time do the machine shops listed above typically have? Thinking having the motor out may be a good time to cut off the front everything forward of the firewall and rework things... : openscanofworms :

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I haven't had Hunter Machine do any engine work, but Red is super friendly and has always been willing to help with whatever tiny piddly crap I bring him. I had a 22RE head built at Crankshaft Grinders in Salt Lake, they were quick and knew what they were doing. That's probably where I'd take a block.