March 21 wheelin trip

mhudson

YEEHAY
When: Saterday March 21.
Trail: Old ward cayon.
CB channel 22.
No ham radio sorry.
I will be running Old Ward Canyon to do a progress report on snow line about bountiful. The plan will be to meet at Lowes parking lot, near texas steakhouse. I 15 exit 316 (I think) at 9ish time. This is were we will top off fuel, and get snacks. At 10ish time we'll head for the hills. It's a straight shot up 400 N. Go through about 4 lights. Turn left on the 13 east. Folow the road till u hit dirt (n 40' 53' 43.69 w 111' 50' 43.53 ele. 5197) We will then line up for pics and air down. I head for the river bed (N 40' 53' 41.36 W 111' 50' 28.46 ele 5132). Then head for the mud pits (N 40' 53' 52.52 W 111 ' 50' 45.60 ele 5375) after splashing the mud and running the ruts, I'll head for the trail around 11ish (N 40' 53' 57.34 W 111' 50' 28.14 ele 5662) Then head for for buckland flats campground. This is were we can split for those who want to play in the snow. I am also planning on lunch/snack.
All is welcome to come.

Poeple who are going.
mhudson
big cherokee
rholbrook ??
magnum

Last edited:

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
im interested is this more road running and snow breaking at this time

or some rocks in there. either way would be fun to get out and your close to
me

mhudson

YEEHAY
Well. Anyone is welcome to come along. Love to have new people go with us. I love to show how to do it right. My truck is a work in progress. One piece at a time. ou build till it works for what u want it to.

Magnum. More then welcome to come with. The condition of the trail was great today march 7th.

mhudson

YEEHAY
Do you really think the trail will be open by then?

The trail is open now. We ran it on the 7th and made it to top. Not a problem.

We were up there Thursday the 5th and there was about 4ft of snow until we called it quits.

Their is alot of snow that we had to brake trail in. Now it is a piece of cake.
how do i become a member of U4WDA ?

I think if you look on this forum their is a link for it. If not just go to their web site and sign up

mhudson

YEEHAY
Bump

I updated the first post. I changed the meet point. Lowes worked out so great on saterday. I think it will be better then commen cents.

So the change is that we will meet at LOWES PARKING LOT NEAR TEXAS STEACK HOUSE, INSTEAD OF COMMEN CENTS GAS.

mhudson

YEEHAY
I am hopeing that the snow lets up enough this next two weeks that we can have some fun on some rocks as well on this trip.

With the new snow the trail just went back to what is was before. FUN

mhudson

YEEHAY
I am getting so excited for this. It looks like we are going to have good weather this week. Next week should be just as nice. We might have some rocks on the river to play on. Ya

mhudson

YEEHAY
The rock down to the right of the parking lot. over and round the hill and through the river bed. Them are fun for just about anything. Drive up to the water culvert. Their are more rocks above their to play on. though we dont do that because it is not a trail or anything. Its just the river bed.

gertsch

i went up old ward thursday day. Theres a fair amount of snow on the north side of the canyon but not enought to be a real big deal with more then one vehicle going, i want to come but i have to work that day so have fun.