Married Ford NP205 value?

1969honda

Supporting Member
This is probably a more appropriate place than the classifieds section where I asked previously. So to the RME family, what is said transfer case actually worth? I'm not looking to get top/new/rebuilt/perfect condition dollar by any means, especially where I haven't opened it up or personally ran it in rig. However, the K5 I wanted to build is long gone and the LS drivetrain swap. My oldest son's TJ is also history and my boys really don't seem interested in the offroad/red rock/buggy/wrenching on projects like I had hoped for.

Currently, I feel the need to manage my project bandwidth, clutter, "one day", "when I have time" projects, and be realistic with my time and finances. So again to the RME collective, what is it this heavy SOB worth realistically with Advanced Adapters and others building quality offroad T-case options? I would prefer not to deal with FB or KSL scammers, but, unloading the thing is a practical/realistic avenue of freeing up some storage space, reducing clutter, and putting a little cash back in my pocket at the same time.
Thanks in advance for anyone's input.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I have a GM 205 that I really don't need and asked a similar question on here a while ago and didn't get much response.

Based on what i've seen, they can be worth between $250-500.

Most guys that want a 205 are looking to build a Offroad Design doubler.

1969honda

Supporting Member
@Rot Box I looked for a while when planning the K5. I really debated just saving for an Atlas after looking for quite awhile. When this one popped up I decided the 205 would work when combined with a 6L80 low 1st gear, 4.56 gears and big tires. I figured I could double it later with a NWF/Offroad Design NP241 style double if it wasn't low enough.

@Greg that's about what I was thinking as far as price range but I wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable. I've seen some listed at over $750 in the past on uncertain condition. I'm not that guy.

Thanks again for the input. I'll get some pictures, list it and see what interest there is.