Mary Ellen Gulch Trail - Snowbird Expansion

Krashkource

Off-road Addict
Not sure how many of you have looked into the whole Snowbird expansion at this juncture but it appears that their plans currently involve expanding into Mary Ellen Gulch which is one of the closer trails to the Park City, Heber and other communities on the Wasatch Front. I spoke with somebody at Snowbird and they indicated that while no plans are currently approved they do want to attempt to maintain what trail systems are available and communicate with us in the Offroad community. I fear that they may have to use the already carved trail to get equipment to the top of the mountain which may destroy some of the obstacles that make the trail fun for those who like that sort of thing (me included). Does anybody know what efforts have been made to keep this trail system open and hopefully as untouched as possible?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not sure how many of you have looked into the whole Snowbird expansion at this juncture but it appears that their plans currently involve expanding into Mary Ellen Gulch which is one of the closer trails to the Park City, Heber and other communities on the Wasatch Front. I spoke with somebody at Snowbird and they indicated that while no plans are currently approved they do want to attempt to maintain what trail systems are available and communicate with us in the Offroad community. I fear that they may have to use the already carved trail to get equipment to the top of the mountain which may destroy some of the obstacles that make the trail fun for those who like that sort of thing (me included). Does anybody know what efforts have been made to keep this trail system open and hopefully as untouched as possible?

Lots of discussion on this in a lot of places.

It's a pretty interesting situation involving private property rights vs. long standing rights of way to various properties and big money corporate trying to utilize the "system" to get what works for them. The little guy (us) is trying to stand up to things and doing a pretty dang respectable job. I'm hoping things work out for access groups but we'll have to see how things go down. Make friends with your state rep and senator. It will likely come to something like that to get things swayed for continued access