MaxJax - Portable Two Post car lift

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Ran across this the other day, I've looked at 2 post lifts before but don't like the idea of having a 2 post lift taking up so much space permanently. The MaxJax can be unbolted and wheeled out of the way when not in use! They have a 6,000 # limit, biggest downside I see is that the maximum lift height is 48", so working underneath a vehicle is still a challenge. But for $1800, it seems like a decent option!

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/buy-purchase-maxjax-car-lift/dannmar-maxjax-standard-package.html

Pile of parts

I just saw this too. Doesn't lift very high, like you said, but I'd still have to stand on a stool to reach the bottom of the car. :rofl:. I like that it's portable but don't like that it only lifts 6000#. I'd want one that would do a full size truck. I'm building my shop with the intention of having a lift one day but am struggling with dedicating the space. It will be a while before I get a lift, or the garage done for that matter... Maybe by then I will understand my space better and be ready to commit to a lift.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Wish I'd seen the 9k lb one sooner. It would be in my garage. I seriously considered installing a two post when my truck broke, just to lift the cab. I have wanted one since building the garage.

A few months back I found a few lifts on ksl going super cheap. I bought three, installed one in my shop and listed the other two for sale. It's only been about five months but we have used that thing so much, it has more than paid for its self! I even use it to load things (such as snowmobiles) on our flatbeds. It comes in soooo handy. I would trade the space for a lift any day.