Mental health: it’s ok to talk.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I am in the process of helping my brother's wife go through all their belongings and prepare her to move. I am dealing with his death pretty well. I still expect him to text me or walk in the door but I think I'm over the hardest part. That said, standing in his garage looking at his stuff is difficult. Holding tools that I gave him, looking at things that he held dear and used often has been a struggle. I am kind of a minimalist at heart but I am having a hard time picking things of his I'd like to keep and not just keep everything that will remind me of him.

I keep staring at his dirt bike. He bought it a little over a year ago and we got to spend quite a few days riding last year. I invited him multiple times to go ride with me over the last few months and he always had some reason he couldn't but told me to keep asking him. I just have this deep rooted feeling that if he had taken me up on the offer that he would still be here. Riding/racing bikes has saved my life. I couldn't deal with all the stress life entails without that outlet. Maybe I'm projecting my feelings onto him. I don't know.

This is the last picture I have of him. We rode with my dad to the north rim of the grand canyon on ADV bikes in February. You can't tell from my expression, but it was an awesome day. Things like this keep him alive in my heart. I think I'm going to keep his bike and we can ride it together. Thanks for reading my rambling.

1000120743.jpg

02SE

I am in the process of helping my brother's wife go through all their belongings and prepare her to move. I am dealing with his death pretty well. I still expect him to text me or walk in the door but I think I'm over the hardest part. That said, standing in his garage looking at his stuff is difficult. Holding tools that I gave him, looking at things that he held dear and used often has been a struggle. I am kind of a minimalist at heart but I am having a hard time picking things of his I'd like to keep and not just keep everything that will remind me of him.

I keep staring at his dirt bike. He bought it a little over a year ago and we got to spend quite a few days riding last year. I invited him multiple times to go ride with me over the last few months and he always had some reason he couldn't but told me to keep asking him. I just have this deep rooted feeling that if he had taken me up on the offer that he would still be here. Riding/racing bikes has saved my life. I couldn't deal with all the stress life entails without that outlet. Maybe I'm projecting my feelings onto him. I don't know.

This is the last picture I have of him. We rode with my dad to the north rim of the grand canyon on ADV bikes in February. You can't tell from my expression, but it was an awesome day. Things like this keep him alive in my heart. I think I'm going to keep his bike and we can ride it together. Thanks for reading my rambling.

View attachment 171842

I'm at a loss for words. My sincerest condolences.

Tonkaman

View attachment 171842
I am SO sorry Chad. That sounds so incredibly hard to navigate… 😢