South-East Utah Mental Health Winter trip; Swell, White Wash

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Let's plan a RME Mental Health trip! I mentioned this awhile ago, but haven't had time to plan it.

The idea is to spend a 2 day weekend around Green River. I'd like to meet up in the morning around 9 AM on Saturday and head into the Swell. Black Dragon, Eagle Canyon, etc? That evening, get dinner at Rays for the full experience.

On Sunday, head out to White Wash sand dunes, play in the dunes, etc. Sand should be firm and wet, making for good traction. We can call it a day in the afternoon and leave plenty of time for the drive home.

We'll probably get a hotel in GR, I don't want to camp. X-D If others want to camp, you're welcome to plan it out.

How about Feb 18 & 19th? Post up if you want to go!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I don't think my Colorado will handle eagle canyon, and I'd be just a Saturday goer.. but if someone needs a co-pilot, I think I can make it..

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Sounds fun....one week earlier would make it possible for me, if we're spitballing dates. 🙂

Jesser04

I would like to go I’ve never been to the swell. I can’t make the 18th-19th my kid has a baseball tournament in St. George. Would a stock 4Runner or gx460 with a small lift be adequate?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would like to go I’ve never been to the swell. I can’t make the 18th-19th my kid has a baseball tournament in St. George. Would a stock 4Runner or gx460 with a small lift be adequate?

It shouldn't been too challenging, some rocky washes... possibly some snow and ice, some steep climbs out of Eagle Canyon that can be interesting with snow.

Thursty

I’ll likely be in town but weekends are normally taken with work and church responsibilities. If I can make something work I’ll chime in later.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Dang neither of my ‘rigs’ will handle eagle canyon—I tried to squeeze Tinky through there once upon a time nope and nope talk about a square peg in a round hole haha 😂