Messing with the new go-pro

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Just messing around with the new go-pro made a time lapse of the "super moon". I wish I could have set it up on a tripod on the roof but my skeleton case hasn't arrived yet

[video=youtube_share;aDCmWKuZeSU]http://youtu.be/aDCmWKuZeSU[/video]

Coco

Very nice!

As far as I know as far as the speed goes (Go Pros might have a fast filming speed? I know mine doesnt)

But it is filmed in real time, then you go into your video editing program, and you can speed up the footage from there.

sixstringsteve

I wish I could have set it up on a tripod on the roof but my skeleton case hasn't arrived yet

great video! Where did you find the music?

Did you just leave it plugged in all night to make sure the battery didn't die?

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
great video! Where did you find the music?

Did you just leave it plugged in all night to make sure the battery didn't die?

Haha, that was my first video i've ever uploaded. I just clicked through stuff on youtube until I found one fitting.

And yes I had it plugged in, that's why you have such a fine shot of my roof. When my skeleton case arrives I will be able to put it up on a tripod

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Not bad. You will find that Go Pros are useless at low light photography though. They are awesome for daylight action photography, but almost any other camera will be better at night.

Rock Taco

Cool video but I think if I watch it again I might have a seizure. :D How much did you speed it up?

[video=youtube;2RIYvC6bE5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIYvC6bE5Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ive been wanting to hit little wild horse.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Cool video but I think if I watch it again I might have a seizure. :D How much did you speed it up?

Ive been wanting to hit little wild horse.

Haha, like I said little patience. I wanted to slow it down in a few spots but this program makes it a pita... but it was 300%

Also learned two things, I need to angle the camera up more, and don't use youtubes "stabilize" feature I think thats what makes it look all weird and seizure inducing

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

yeah, youtube's stabilize feature makes everything look goofy. Really powerful editors (final cut, premiere, after effects, etc) have really powerful stabilizer features, but they take a lot of time and experience to get them done right. I think there's an option to undo the youtube stabilizer effect if you want to.

Cool video. It's been so long since I've done that hike that I forgot about a few of those sections. It's tough to make hike videos look interesting, you did a good job. I'll bet the water made it interesting!

Last edited: