Minimum air downown psi

fishfinder462

I was wondering what is the minimum psi for none bead locks that is "safe"? I just finished some upgrades on the TJ and want to test it out. Up until now ive been stock for the most part so im alittle new.

Brian

Chevycrew

well that depends on tire width, wheel width, brand of tire, and terrain you are on.

I have 14.5 wide sx's on 10 wide wheels. I run the snow at 4psi but I lost 1 bead this winter. Its really hard to tell, probably around 8 is about as low as I would push it, without having spares, on board air, etc...

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I run my SXs with no bead locks around 7-10 psi with relatively no problems. Once in a whle I burped out some air, but it usually stays on the bead.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
well that depends on tire width, wheel width, brand of tire, and terrain you are on.

Its really hard to tell, probably around 8 is about as low as I would push it, without having spares, on board air, etc...

X2

Saw a guy one time trying to dismount tires that had been on the same wheels for like 20 years. Not even the bead breaker machine at the tire store would pop that bead.

You just need to expirement with different pressures. On the harder trails I run I tend to burb air at around 8 psi, with 8 inch wide wheels and 35 inch bfg mudds. So I wont go lower then that, but have never wanted to. Just play around with it and you'll find your perfect pressure. Get a compressor if you don't already have one.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I didnt see a tire size, But looking at my old Oasis deflators...

my 35x12.5r15 can be aired down safely depending on the vehicle weight.
6psi @ 2000 LBS
7 psi @ 3K LBS
8 psi @ 4K
9 psi @ 5K
10psi @ 6K
and so on...

If you post a tire size, I can use the slide rule to let you know what Oasis thinks is a good starting point.

fishfinder462

Ya I should of put that..my bad, 33x12.5 r15 not sure of the width of wheel I think 10in, sound more like 10psi would be safe to start out then.