Moab June 27-29....NOT just Jeeping ;)

1995zj

I'm addicted
Alright so my family (along with 00harpdawg) headed down to Moab last weekend for one last trip before the fall and before it was unbearable. Needless to say it wasn't as hot as I expected it to be, so that was nice. We cruised down Friday evening and ran Hells Revenge on Saturday. Good trip with no breakage :p. Did Mickey's for the first time since I dropped the ZJ and wow it was amazing how much better it does without the front-end opening up! Anyways, we didn't take any pictures of the trail run on Saturday.

Sunday my family just packed up and headed out but we (Me, Tyler Harper, and another friend CJ) had other plans :cool:. We had taken down our classic Honda Z50's to go cruise Hells Revenge! These little things will go anywhere and have low enough gearing to climb even the steepest climbs on Hells Revenge! I am taking mine down from now on so when my Jeep does break, I've got a fall back plan.

Here is a little background....
Mine is a 1984 Honda Z50R that I had just finished with the paint job.
CJ's is a 1981 Honda Z50R...
And the coolest of all is Harper's. It's a 1971 Honda Z50 and it's a hardtail :ugh:

For the pictures...
index.cfm

l_25c61f6b8f1267d5113af8b0b826d651.jpg

l_391c27f031a433a7ccd34bb0730e407d.jpg

l_cbbe1a2606576d620719b9371569d466.jpg

l_74ec578feabc6d16c6734a992503dbac.jpg

1995zj

I'm addicted
One of the video's from the trip...I have one of me attempting Escalator too, but I didn't make it....

[YOUTUBE]Rjjju0BcIgE[/YOUTUBE]

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Too cool! Excellent photos!

Didn't you or Brandon buy a Z50 from Sheldon Roberts back in the day??? It was a long time ago (like when I was 8 or 10?

I had a 70' Z50 for the longest time, we used to rally it all over Draper/Sandy and Corner Canyon :D Sold it to an RME'er, hope its still getting used. If I run across a clean one, I'm all over it... I had no reason to sell my 70' other than it was bugging me watching it sit. :-\

Here she is at the Draper Cheveron, thats Gillen on the Tuff Country golf cart, Olly was on his 80cc taking the picture. We rallied all over town that afternoon, had to fill up a couple of times :D
new%20053.jpg

1995zj

I'm addicted

Didn't you or Brandon buy a Z50 from Sheldon Roberts back in the day??? It was a long time ago (like when I was 8 or 10?

I had a 70' Z50 for the longest time, we used to rally it all over Draper/Sandy and Corner Canyon :D Sold it to an RME'er, hope its still getting used. If I run across a clean one, I'm all over it... I had no reason to sell my 70' other than it was bugging me watching it sit. :-\

Here she is at the Draper Cheveron, thats Gillen on the Tuff Country golf cart, Olly was on his 80cc taking the picture. We rallied all over town that afternoon, had to fill up a couple of times :D
new%20053.jpg

Ha nice! They are so much fun, now a few more of my friends want some so I'm keeping my eye out for them but they don't go for cheap that's for sure!

I'm pretty sure we've had ours since it was brand new...and I don't recall Brandon buying one but maybe he did??? You oughta find a new one, I'm thinking we should start doing an annual RME Mini-bikes Moab Meet :cool:

That's freakin' awesome!

I wonder what a Rokon trip would be like... :D

So I had no idea what a Rokon was until I just googled it....:eek: Those things have some massive tires! That would be fun!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I need to dig up one of my favorite links (on my other comp). A Boy Scout troop did a San Rafael expedition just prior to Interstate 70 coming through... basically went from Green River to I think Salina on mini-bikes. :cool:

Utah has alot of history with the old trail-bikes. One of the major manufactures in the early days was here in Utah. The infamous Tote-Gote :cool:

1995zj

I'm addicted
The video on Escalator....I really just need to sac-up and give it my all next time (probably with a helmet :p)

[YOUTUBE]XpXsp-MYLlI[/YOUTUBE]

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

I've already got one of those in pieces in my backyard, bought it off of RME last year :D I need to put a motor on it and clean it up a bit. I'll likely just build it as a gas station runner, its got zero suspension :D I've had a dozen different little bikes over the years, I used to work at a couple of small engine shops (Merwins in SLC and Pipe Connection in Draper) until I was 16... I was always fixing them up and selling them. Still wish I would have hung on to my 70' but I want an 80's era bike.

Have you seen HondaMiniTrail.com? Tons of parts for the older Z's, I've ordered from them a couple of times with great results. Looks like they are getting into the fast 50's more and more but they still have a good Z50 selection: http://hondaminitrail.com/z50.html

1993yj

I am pretty sure that the red one that CJ is riding is the one that was bought from Sheldon. CJ is Dusty Holt's younger brother.