Will you participate

• Yes I will I care about Moab and want to continue to wheel there

Votes: 57 98.3%
  • No I don't really care about land use in Moab I own a mall crawler

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

SP Unlimited

I get paid to do this
I am attempting to organize an official event to show the support of the 4x4 community of U4WDA as our voice in this process. I would like to do a "trail" ride up state street to the Salt Lake main public Library on the afternoon of 10/03/07.

The route while not yet determined may consist of 75 - 150 of vehicles traveling from a meeting point on 3300 South around 4:45 in the afternoon and traveling north on state street to the capital then circling around and ending at the Library. All participants would then park their rigs and go into the library and support U4WDA at the meeting. I would like all participants to bring with them a letter supporting U4WDA.

We need to support U4WDA as this is our main voice in this process and we need to be unified behind them.

In order for this to be effective we need ALOT of rigs in this ride. I do not have enough contacts to get this information to all who need it. Please take this forward to your other clubs and friends and family.

Please post up!!! I need preliminary numbers pretty quickly if we are to make this happen and get the necessary permits. Let me know how many rigs and how many riders.

Imagine a line of 75 - 150 rigs traveling down state street in support of the 4x4 community and our right to enjoy our public lands. We can make this happen if we all participate.

Please PM me with any other sites either you have posted this on or that I should go to.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/planni...t_involved.html

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/planni...ft_rmp_eia.html

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Hey Steve (Steve Jackson that is)... you should send this out VIA the U4WDA Mailing list to get more people involved :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Its a great idea, it really is... I'm all over it!! :cool:

While the U4WDA has a major role in this RMP, there are alot of other key players, some we (U4WDA) are sending our support to in terms of manpower and $$$. The biggest one is the Blue Ribbon Coalition, they are working with MFFW and RR4W with paid professionals... that are reading all 1300+ pages of the proposal. Join the BRC Moab Access Partnership today!!!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
We are working on permits currently So we may or may not have buggies allowed.. More information to come.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I wouldn't waste my time with towing a rig down there, drive your towrig, its likely 4WD. Seriously, the big movement is going to be IN the meeting, not out on the streets... and with a tow rig you'll be lucky to park within a mile of the library that time of day. A caravan down there would be cool too... but the logistics of parking are going to be a nightmare. If someone could secure a parking lot near the library... that would be cool.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I wouldn't waste my time with towing a rig down there, drive your towrig, its likely 4WD. Seriously, the big movement is going to be IN the meeting, not out on the streets... and with a tow rig you'll be lucky to park within a mile of the library that time of day. A caravan down there would be cool too... but the logistics of parking are going to be a nightmare. If someone could secure a parking lot near the library... that would be cool.

There is a parking lot next to NAI Utah behind the Salt Lake Roasting Co. that is typically empty and in not posted private. This is right across from the library. We would probably still want to ask if we can park 100 vehicles there.

SP Unlimited

I get paid to do this
Great response so far and some great questions. As Tooele Cherokee has suggested we will be working through some of these questions and get back as soon as possible.

SP Unlimited

I get paid to do this
Update: After day one of pimping this we have 31 rigs that say they can make it and an additional 10 that might make it. Please take this forward to your other contacts and lets see what we can do.

Work is being done on permits today and tomorrow and I will see if I can get some of your questions answered.