Moab RMP meeting

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
The meeting last night seemed to go very well. It was an open house-style format, with various displays and a 17 slide power point display on continuous loop. They did have a limited number of hard copies of the RMP and maps, I was able to get one if anybody would like to look at it. The RMP is a 3 volume set on 8.5x11 paper is is probably 5 to 6 inches tall, it would make a Salt Late phone book look small!

The BLM was very well represented, and they were happy to answer questions and field comments. They even provided cold bottled water and cookies!

We had a good turn out, I would guess that during the hour or so I was there, 100ish people filtered in and out. The local wheeling community had an excellent turnout: Red Rock 4 Wheelers and Moab Friends for Wheelin' were both very well represented, also I think the entire staff of the Moab 4x4 Outpost showed up. I saw a few "greenies", but not as many as I feared, and they seemed significantly outnumbered by the pro-land use crowd.

I wish you guys good luck in your rally. I hope it goes as smoothly as our meeting did.

David

Sounds great, Dave! We're hoping to make a reference sheet for those going to the rally so we can submit specific comments that will have an impact. Jeff has sent me some information on trails missing from the maps, and I've seen a few on the maps myself. If RR has anything that we should focus on, let us know and we can carry the message to the meeting.

Good to see so much involvement!