Moab RMP Side Thread

Will the closing of Public Lands completely shut the doors to these lands

• Official registered disabled vet. Disability effects ability to access lands closed to motor traffic

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Official disabled person. Disability effects ability to access lands closed to motor traffic

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I have no official disability that effects ability to access land other than desire to do so on foot

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZUKEYPR

I'm not sure if this should be a side thread or not but has anyone even considered or addressed the impact of closing these trails to motorized vehicles in relationship to the disability act? I know by shutting off motorized vehicles to these areas will be closing the doors to these public lands to my wife, that's officially. Unofficially I as well do to issues cannot hike into remote areas as well, nor sustain heavy activity such as hiking at high attitude. Does this effect anyone else on here in this manner? I just wonder if it would be worth say the D.A.V. to be involved as an example.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Like I've said before, I'd be happy to be someones "poster child" if they want to pursue an ADA-type claim.

I have a form of Muscular Dystrophy, and my Jeep is the ONLY way I can get in the backcountry.

My Jeep is my legs, although, just like me, it does occasionally fall over!! I guess that's only fitting though ;).

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I am able bodied, however my dad is a disabled vietnam vet. He can only get out into the backcountry in a 4x4 or ATV. when we go hunting he always stays literally within feet of the Jeep. It kills me when we go out and he tells me about a trail or road that the F/S closed that we can no longer go on. This is the main reason I got involved with U4, I don't want to have tell my son about all the trails we used to be able to go on, I want him to be able to see what I've seen and experience the same places I did as a boy. I wish all the time that there was some way we could use ADA as a way of keeping trails open, it doesn't seem to be much of a legal argument however. I think we are better served by focusing on the fact that these are PUBLIC lands and EXISTING ROUTES. I don't know just my opinion