South-East Utah Moab run April 30 to May 2

Floydargue

New guy
Hello,

My usual suspects for wheeling buddies are unavailable for these dates, so I am looking for some company a little more than usual. There is only one planned run for this trip, which is running the Eagles Dare off-shoot from Golden Spike. I have not been on Eagles Dare yet, so want to check it out. Once off that, I will probably just complete Golden Spike. Other trails will depend on who (if anyone) makes it out. Candidates I am interested in, vehicle permitting, are Pritchett, Cliffhanger, Strike Ravine, "easier" BFE runs, etc. Maybe a quick Hells Revenge run if someone is interested.

A little context on me - I just want to have some fun and climb stuff. I am not looking for big ego's, competitions, BLM nightmares, or getting hammered drunk on the trail (if you are driving). I'll have my 4 year old with me, so clothing required. I am in a Cherokee XJ on 35s.

Please reply here if you are interested in coming along. It is a Thursday to Saturday, and overlaps Bronco safari - so there should be lots of those down there.

Happy wheeling!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Look up bronco safari on Facebook and get hooked up with Steve and the crew. It doesn't matter that you are running a jeep.

Lots of great people to wheel with.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Sound like fun. We are thinking of heading down for my son's spring break in a week or so. Providing I get all my projects done.

You will have to report back on Strike Ravine afterwards. We were there over this past Halloween and it was pretty nasty for the first several hundred yards. Looked like they had some serious runoff and washed a lot of the off camber grade and left only the large boulders behind. Us and one other JKU made it up, but I wasn't thrilled about a couple of those large rocks we had to manuever around. The other four Jeeps couldn't make it up and over the second rock garden so we turned around and headed out.

I kept wondering if we were past the nasty stuff or if there were more to come beyond where we turned around. If you don't mind let us know what it was like beyond the large off camber climb near the first of the trail please.

Thanks and have fun.

Mike.

Scampy the XJ

Ottawa Jeep Club Wheeler
I'm arriving in Moab Sunday April 26th thru Wednesday the 6th of May. Traveling with my father, and will have a wheelin' buddy with us as well in a Sami-ish Buggy.

XJ on 35's as well. Sounds like a good match.

I realize the Bronco-Fest will be on the weekend we're straddling but don't think that will affect the other several days.

Floydargue

New guy
PM sent.

Update - to mesh with another guys schedule, I moved this forward a day to the standard weekend. Tentatively looking at Pritchett Friday, Golden Spike Saturday, Moab Rim and Pickle Sunday. Not set in stone, but leaning that way at the moment.

Scampy the XJ

Ottawa Jeep Club Wheeler
PM back - buddy I'm coming with has Pickle on his bucket list - and Upper Hellderado - is it still open? I'll be watching from the sidelines on that one.