Moab SITLA Land Auction Results 5/14/04

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just got home from the auction...

Went exactly as I expected...

The party that got the big parcel (Parcel B, 320 acres) is not a real estate developer. (Very good guy ;))

The party that got the smaller parcel (Parcel A, 160 acres) is a real estate developer and plans to develop it into lots, no 4x4 park was mentioned to my knowledge.

The owners of the other property were not bidders on either properties (unless bid under different names)

SITLA was very careful to note that both of the parcels (and the already sold one) have road claims by San Jaun County government. SJ County is a pro-OHV county and is smartly asserting their RS2477 and 10yr. Statute rights to the land.

More here...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250753

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BTW, I am going to go to all these SITLA auctions... free candy and drinks... no wonder they have to sell land.

They did recognize the 4 wheeling community. They passed out a survey asking "where did you hear about this auction"... one of the survey answers was "4 wheeling community"

I know there were at least 5 bidders that I have discussed that matter with before the auction... not bad at all... This has been an excellent learning experience for all!

oldno7

We had a small group of 7, but the important thing is offroaders own Helldorado!!!
Kurt--didnt see you at the auction(not that I would know who you are) Should have stepped in our group and introduced yourself,you had a lot to do with the outcome. Kurt

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Herzog said:
Wow! So Jeremy (BFE Films) got the upper section! Very cool. He is a very good person too! :)

Glad to hear that Jeremy got the Upper Helldorado parcel. I talked to him about it for quite a while earlier this week... he has some great plans. Hope it all works out for him.

Jeff

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
oldno7 said:
...Kurt--didnt see you at the auction(not that I would know who you are) Should have stepped in our group and introduced yourself,you had a lot to do with the outcome. Kurt

Where were you guys sitting? I heard your bid get read off, but didn't get a chance to see you... :D

oldno7

Kurt
we were about in the middle on the left side. Jeremy was shaking so bad when he wrote the check it was hilarious. All the greenies were 2 rows in front of us.

oldno7

rckcrlr said:
Oldno7????

Cool, that Jermy got it. Should be cool.

My name is Kurt also--I'm one of the guys who now owns helldorado,I live in southern Utah,grew up in Bountiful.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
oldno7 said:
My name is Kurt also--I'm one of the guys who now owns helldorado,I live in southern Utah,grew up in Bountiful.

Cool. sounds like you are partnered with some good guys....know most of them....glad some Bronco guys got in there too. :D

VANDALL

********b.f.e.********

I (love) jeremy, he is the coolist guy

my thanks go's out B.F.E. film's.

VANDALL.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Rick B said:
Ok, it sounds good. But I was just reading about this over on Pirate & I'm wondering if it really went down like they're saying? Also BFE films is planning to turn it into an offroad park with 20 trails? On only 320 acres??? That's what is being said there http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250815

I talked to Jeremy yesterday, and he definately hopes to develop some new trails, but 20 is probably an exageration.

Nixter

on the road again...
So, since I just got back from out of town...I need a quick recap. Upper Hell will still remain open? Lower Hell is also open? New trails in the works??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nixter said:
So, since I just got back from out of town...I need a quick recap. Upper Hell will still remain open? Lower Hell is also open? New trails in the works??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm pretty sure Lower is to remain Closed. It's on the land that the couple bought a while ago.

The Upper Helldorado section was located on the land that went up for auction just this last time. Upper is open and word is that they plan on making new trails in the surrounding area.

oldno7

we fully intend on making more trails on the property, but we will approach it slowly! This is too nice of property to phawk up. Look for maybe 1 or 2 a year for awhile,just keep in mind when we come up with a trail it will be badass++