moab

notajeep

Just me
We wheel all the time here in Moab, all year long. Swing by ALCO and I can usually get away for a few hours to do some wheeln.
This Sunday, greenjeep and I will be running goldenspike. All are welcome.... Except for zukis. -_-

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
:D

Not all of them. I think the vehicles are cool. Just don't care much for the "my sammi can go anywhere and do anything that your rock buggy can do and I only spent $18.63 on it" attitude that a lot of the sammi people seem to have.

For some reason there are a handful of those guys out there and it's just annoyting to listen to all day long. Reminds me of the south park when they all buy electric cars and enjoy smelling their own farts.

Meat_

Banned
Not all of them. I think the vehicles are cool. Just don't care much for the "my sammi can go anywhere and do anything that your rock buggy can do and I only spent $18.63 on it" attitude that a lot of the sammi people seem to have...

:rofl: :rofl:

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
:D

Not all of them. I think the vehicles are cool. Just don't care much for the "my sammi can go anywhere and do anything that your rock buggy can do and I only spent $18.63 on it" attitude that a lot of the sammi people seem to have.

I have to agree, I've stopped going with a couple guy's just because of that attitude. That and, they shouldn't be on trails there not built for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think it EJS has become Over Rated. Their is alot better times to wheel in Moab. Like anytime but that time, unless of course you like to sit one a trail all day waiting.

true, but that was established 5 years ago.

With the exception of the one year I was talked into running Pritchett during the day, I've never run into crowds on the trials. But I use that week to get back and explore some of the lesser known areas that aren't as popular.

I think it's a fun week to party and explore new terrain, but if I were coming from a long way away to wheel some of the more infamous moab terrain, EJS is deffinately the last week I would pick to attend.

Cody

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
true, but that was established 5 years ago.

With the exception of the one year I was talked into running Pritchett during the day, I've never run into crowds on the trials. But I use that week to get back and explore some of the lesser known areas that aren't as popular.

I think it's a fun week to party and explore new terrain, but if I were coming from a long way away to wheel some of the more infamous moab terrain, EJS is deffinately the last week I would pick to attend.

Cody

yeah, but EJS has something that wheelin with your same group all the time doesn't have. You do get a chance to meet some great people at EJS. The socialization is part of it. In fact, for me, every trail I ever ran, the socialization is part of it. Rushing through a trail and never really getting a chance to shoot the **** with the peeps you're riding with isn't what it is about. It's the comraderie that makes it fun.

Yeah, at EJS, you might be running trails that would normally be less extreme than what you would run with your friends, and you'll definately spend a lot more time on the trail, but I really enjoy that part of it.

I definately agree that if you are going down there to run hardcore, do it any other week or weekend, but if you are going to relax, meet some new peeps, and just enjoy the scenery, EJS is a great time.