Mountain Dew float: experiment and results.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I am sure many of you have had root beer floats, orange soda and vanilla ice cream floats, and sprite and sherbet floats..
Late last night the wife wanted to watch a movie. It's impossible to watch a movie without food, right? After just pounding a couple cans of dew, I knew another can would be excessive. But I hadn't quite reached my 10k calorie daily intake yet, so I thought 'why not try a Mountain Dew float?'
A major factor was the choice in ice cream. I had vanilla and sherbet in the freezer, but opted for the vanilla.
I was about 70% sure this would end up in the 'things that didn't go as planned' thread, but I was feeling adventurous.
I poured my dew, and scooped my ice cream. I waited for just a moment to allow the dew to slush on the cream.
The result was actually rather enjoyable. I would compare it to a mild sprite/lime sherbet float.
Overall 7 of 10. Definitely worth a try.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Here I am thinking that I am original.. :(
But at least I am not alone in my approval of the mix.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Oh, and for you other Mountain Dew junkies here on RME, have I got a treat for you! Go to The Slurp in American Fork (241 W Main Street) and order a Mango Mountain. Make sure they use syrup rather than puree.

You'll thank me profusely later, I promise.