MP3 music app for PC----What do the cool kids use these days

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had MORE than enough of iTunes and their bullshit. Anyone have a SIMPLE, non-streaming program that they'd recommend that I can import my converted MP3 files into? Just want to burn some MP3 CDs for my truck and car and have spent more time with iTunes than it's worth. Seems like a total bloatware disaster from my perspective.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm with you on the iTunes bloat. I use a program called monkey something or other. Milner turned me onto it. It will convert anything to anything. I like it enough that I purchased the full version. The full version is pretty fast at conversion and burning to cd.

This one

http://www.mediamonkey.com/download

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I ditched iTunes a long time ago, and Windows Media is crap too. I took a cue from my teenage self and went back to Winamp, I've been happy with it.

Why are you burning CDs though?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Not to sidetrack your thread, but your car stereos don't even have a USB port or auxiliary in? Those radio tuner adapter thingies suck big donkey ears, but $100 at Best Buy will get you a serviceable stereo unit with Bluetooth capability and auxiliary and USB inputs. I have probably upwards of fifty CDs worth of music on a thumb drive that lives in the USB port on the stereo, and if I can't find just the right album on there I can use Bluetooth or the auxiliary input to stream music off my cell phone.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not to sidetrack your thread, but your car stereos don't even have a USB port or auxiliary in? Those radio tuner adapter thingies suck big donkey ears, but $100 at Best Buy will get you a serviceable stereo unit with Bluetooth capability and auxiliary and USB inputs. I have probably upwards of fifty CDs worth of music on a thumb drive that lives in the USB port on the stereo, and if I can't find just the right album on there I can use Bluetooth or the auxiliary input to stream music off my cell phone.

In my G8, no, I don't have a USB input. I don't think I have it in my truck either. The G8 does have an Aux in but I haven't investigated where or what that is yet. (maybe it is a USB?) The OEM stereo is pretty funky. Went to Car Concepts to see what they could put in place. They didn't have a lot of options without dropping some labor hours and such

The $75 Walmart stereo in my Jeep does have a USB.

Last edited: