Mr. Smith goes to Washington

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
As many of you know, Secretarial order 3310 from the DOI that came crashing down upon us the day after the Senate and Congress went on recess could have some major impacts on public land in Utah. Since that time, USA-All has been in close contact with our Washington delegation. Of particular importance is the fact that Congressman Bishop sits on the House Natural Resource Committee.

Tomorrow (3/1) there will be a full committee oversight hearing at 2pm EST to discuss the impacts of the administrations wildlands policy on jobs and economic growth. Of interest to Utah, Governor Herbert and Commissioner Mike McKee are scheduled to testify. While USA-All is not on the witness list for this hearing, we have submitted a list of questions to Rep. Bishop for Secretary Salazar to answer. Tomorrow we will also be meeting with Sen. Barrasso from Wyoming about the possible introduction of some upcoming legislation, Sen. Mike Lee, and meeting with the natural resources staff of our Utah representatives.Wednesday and Thursday we will be attending a couple of budget meetings that deal with DOI funding.

It is going to be an interesting and educational week for me. I will try and update each days events for you before I get back. Below is a link to the alert we sent out last week.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...2pXj1aymKvNJWAuwVfQ0o_-ZjzhttFALszIFHnrrbiE4b

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Awesome, I'm looking forward to your reports. :D

Also, I have your jack, and would have dropped it off tonight but I guess you were on a plane. :D

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There are a few yellow buttons in the room to go with the stickers provided by the AMA

Attachments

• 2011-03-01_14-06-05_672.jpg
    2011-03-01_14-06-05_672.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2011-03-01_13-26-53_46.jpg
    2011-03-01_13-26-53_46.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 6

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Thanks for doing this for everyone! enjoy your trip as much as you can :)

No stress on the check... the internet says you are good for it :)

'is pulling a crabtree' going to be the new way of screwing someone over? :)

ret32

My media player was having issues so I wasn't able to view this live. I'll have to wait for the archive in a day or two. I was able to get in on the Facebook chat about it though. Very lively discussion. Some lady named Ann from Carbon County dominated throughout. I wonder who she is exactly ;). Go Ann!

ret32

Anybody notice that KSL has that mis-titled? The title says "Health-care" but it's about public lands. :confused:

The actual article is about both the Health Care hearing and the Wild Lands hearing, but the article focuses on the Health Care hearing, thus its title. In the sidebar were links to Herbert's pre-released remarks for each hearing. The link I included was his remarks for the Wild Lands hearing.

See:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The actual article is about both the Health Care hearing and the Wild Lands hearing, but the article focuses on the Health Care hearing, thus its title. In the sidebar were links to Herbert's pre-released remarks for each hearing. The link I included was his remarks for the Wild Lands hearing.

See:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. I read the article but didn't watch the video.