Mud Proofing?

Nagrom

Any suggestions as to a cheap & easy way to mud proof my jeep? I went wheelin up corner last night and it was muddy as hell. But due to my paranoia after just fixing it due to mud last week, I was unable to find as much pleasure in it as was there to enjoy :D . I was thinking of putting some sort of shield to deflect a direct blast to my alternator and intake. But mainly I'm just curious what everyone has done?

bennett

I make and use this... works awsome

Here is a recipe for home made "Waxoyl". It's an old fashioned rust treatment prevention / undercoating:

2 1/2 quarts turpentine
12 oz. beeswax / candle wax
1 quart light machine oil

With a cheese shredder, cut the wax into the turpentine, stir until the wax has dissolved, you can use very low heat about 140* degress to melt but be careful) and thin with the machine oil ( i use 0-30 weight)to a brushable / sprayable consistency. Apply liberally. You can use a hand spray bottle to get into closed-off sections if you have a small access hole.
I just dump it in my harbor fart paint spray cup gun and shoot everything under there.
Serious... it will keep the mud down but more important your rig will not rust.
Waxoyl oringinate in Engladnd where it rains 80% of the time.

Please be sensible when you make this stuff; don't go breathing the fumes or applying heat and burning down your house. If you have any doubts about it, err on the side of caution and just buy a commercially available product.

Nagrom

bennett said:
I make and use this... works awsome

Here is a recipe for home made "Waxoyl". It's an old fashioned rust treatment prevention / undercoating:

2 1/2 quarts turpentine
12 oz. beeswax / candle wax
1 quart light machine oil

With a cheese shredder, cut the wax into the turpentine, stir until the wax has dissolved, you can use very low heat about 140* degress to melt but be careful) and thin with the machine oil ( i use 0-30 weight)to a brushable / sprayable consistency. Apply liberally. You can use a hand spray bottle to get into closed-off sections if you have a small access hole.
I just dump it in my harbor fart paint spray cup gun and shoot everything under there.
Serious... it will keep the mud down but more important your rig will not rust.
Waxoyl oringinate in Engladnd where it rains 80% of the time.

Please be sensible when you make this stuff; don't go breathing the fumes or applying heat and burning down your house. If you have any doubts about it, err on the side of caution and just buy a commercially available product.
Please tell me your kidding! :eek: . That is the stangest thing I've heard since Utah moved july 4th to july 3rd :D ... No offense.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Nagrom said:
Please tell me your kidding! :eek: . That is the stangest thing I've heard since Utah moved july 4th to july 3rd :D ... No offense.

Very real... its an old school trick... works too. I would do it to mine if I playedalot in mud. Alot of people do the WD40 thing... it works pretty good too...

ALF

SURE!?
cruiseroutfit said:
Very real... its an old school trick... works too. I would do it to mine if I playedalot in mud. Alot of people do the WD40 thing... it works pretty good too...

Agreed! My step dad has always had a thing for european cars :ugh: and has used waxoyl for years, swears by the stuff, I still have some in my garage!

Nagrom

RockMonkey said:
Try it in an open buggy. Not nearly as fun. Rocks are where the fun is. :)
Indeed, Rocks are fun but mud is a close second. Besides, A good off-road vehicle should be able to handle adverse conditions. :D Not that mine can... Yet.