Music; One Day as a Lion

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
http://www.onedayasalion.org/

It's about time Zach de la Rocha started producing music again! One Day as a Lion is made up of 2 guys, Jon Theodore of The Mars Volta fame and Zach de la Rocha, with Zach singing vocals.

“The name taken from the infamous 1970 black and white, captured by legendary Chicano photographer George Rodriguez featuring a center framed tag on a white wall in an unspecified section of Boyle Heights. It reads: ‘It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.’ This record is a stripped down attempt to realize this sentiment in sound.”

:cool: May have to get that album!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm checking into it. Let's hope he keeps his whiny mouth shut outside the studio this time. :D :D

EDIT: listening right now. At a bare minimum this will make good "background" music, for working, driving etc. I like it.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I thought it was going to be another Audioslave :-\

I really like it, still has that original rage feel :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I thought it was going to be another Audioslave :-\

I really like it, still has that original rage feel :)

You mean Rage Against the SoundGarden? :D I like a lot of Audioslave stuff, but they're no Rage by any means.

The couple songs I have listened to did have that Rage sound, but I think most of that is just Zach's voice. The song Wild International from One Day as a Lion has a similar sound as the Evil Empire album, which is a good thing. :cool:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've heard them at night on X96 now and then... I like it... Downloading album when I get off work..

-Jason

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I think it sounds exactly like Rage

EXACTLY not just the voice either.

I was over that 7 years ago. I did enjoy the concert when they came to Spanish Fork forever ago though.

Not for me