must be the heat.... Help me!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
but lately I have been entertaining the idea of selling my LJ and getting a JK. Not sure why but its just been in the back of my mind.
I love my LJ even though it has its problems and constant need for repairs. And lately its overheating.

So tell me I'm crazy and get this out of my system!

20170208_124126.jpg

RogueJeepr

Here!
OK. Your crazy !
Hopefully you feel better.

One thing I hate about buying another vehicle is ya never know what you'll get.
Especially with jeeps.

You have more options than I do for the cooling system.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

gijohn40

yes the cooling is a problem when I have the air on and race down to salt lake from school in Kaysville the temps get up to 225. cools down quickly so I am thinking the fan clutch needs to be replaced. plus someday I will put the louver piece on the hood that should cool down the engine compartment.

The biggest problem I have is the passenger side rear control arms... I am always having troubles with them coming loose or breaking. this also could be the reason I break driver side shafts on the rear as well...

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I would love the simplicity of an LJ over a JK... the nanny electronics in a JK drive me crazy... wheel speed sensors, clock speed sensor, etc, etc. If I were in your shoes, I keep and fix the LJ. It's already pretty well built, figure out what's causing your problems and upgrade one thing at a time to resolve them.

With your control arms, what are you running again?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I would love the simplicity of an LJ over a JK... the nanny electronics in a JK drive me crazy... wheel speed sensors, clock speed sensor, etc, etc. If I were in your shoes, I keep and fix the LJ. It's already pretty well built, figure out what's causing your problems and upgrade one thing at a time to resolve them.

This about sums up my feelings (to be fair, any newer vehicle is stupidly full of useless electronic junk---I can't stand to have it broken so I have to fix the stupid crap)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
LJ's suck, they are the worst, they are not the only jeep I have ever really wanted, I would truly hate one. That being said, I'm more than happy to offer you a record breaking offer of 5k to remove such a heartache from you :rofl:

gijohn40

I am running the Rusty's offroad high clearance long arms. The problem is the upper arm on the passenger rear. I seem to have too heavy of a foot and the tires are too much traction and it either breaks the joint at either end or the bolt comes loose (going to flip it and put a nylock nut on it).