My 2012 in Pictures

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Highlighting my year via pictures has become an annual tradition, but more importantly it has become a great opportunity for me to reflect on the preceding year. As I set goals and plan adventures for my upcoming year, remembering the adventures of the last makes me that much more enthusiastic and excited, curing the cabin fever that sets in over the cold winter. Without getting too wordy, I have to express how thankful I am for my extremely patient wife who supports me in my many wild pursuits (well most of them anyways ;)), my family and friends who join along and support the adventure and my customers who make all this possible. Without further ado, I give you My 2012 in Pictures:

rattlesnake.jpg

Wasatch Cruiser Rattlesnake Run (Photo by Troy Demill)

king.jpg

King of Hammers - Everyman Challenge

swell.jpg

San Rafael Swell Winter Run with Rising Sun (Photo by Perry Loughridge)

prerun.jpg

Cruise Moab Pre-Run w/Wasatch Cruisers (Photo by Bart Williams)

mint.jpg

Team Canguro - Mint 400 Race (Photo by Dave Connors)

ejs.jpg

Easter Jeep Safari - Mi Vida Mine (put Moab on the map)

cruisemoab.jpg

Cruise Moab - Hanging with Paul at the Lone Warrior Saloon

e7north.jpg

Expeditions7 North America Segment - Utah to Cape Spear (Photo by Matt Scott)

delle.jpg

Team Canguro Race Prep & Testing at Delle (Photo by Dave Connors)

tech.jpg

Wasatch Cruiser Club Tech Nights at Cruiser Outfitters

wendover.jpg

Wendover WWII Airfield Tour w/ExpeditionUtah (Photo by Stephen Nielsen)

convoy.jpg

Wedge Overlook - San Rafael Swell - Moab to Cruiserfest Convoy (Photo by Perry Loughridge)

ribbon.jpg

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum ribbon cutting ceremony at Miller Motorsports Park

raptor.jpg

Ford Raptor Training Program - MMP & 5MP

quarterly.jpg

Quarterly 4x4 Training Events at the Miller Motorsports Park (Photo by Jason Goates)

relic.jpg

Relic Run 2012 - Seventies in the Swell (Photo by Michael Bradshaw)

diego.jpg

San Diego vacationing with the Misses (Photo by Candace Williams)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
bbq.jpg

Cruiser Outfitters Annual Customer Appreciation BBQ (Photo by Tenille Tsujimoto)

skyline.jpg

Wasatch Cruisers Sykline Drive Trip (Photo by Troy Demill)

v2r.jpg

Team Canguro - Vegas to Reno Race (Photo by Dave Connors)

homestead.jpg

Engh Homestead Property in Nevada - Engh Family Reunion (Photo by Candace Williams)

russia.jpg

Expeditons7 Russia/Siberia Traverse Segment

npld.jpg

National Public Lands Day - Forest City Graveyard Fence Build in American Fork Canyon (Photo by Marlin Sharp)

outlaw.jpg

Outlaw Run - San Rafael Swell (Photo by Perry Loughridge)

matilda.jpg

Team Canguro - Matilda Work Nights, Lots of Them (Photo by Dave Connors)

hundy.jpg

Project Death Star - 100 Series Land Cruiser weekend build project (Photo by Jason Goates)

baja.jpg

Team Canguro - Baja 1000 Race (Photo by Jason Goates)

spiral_jetty.jpg

CruiserOutfitters/ExpeditionUtah 4th Annual 'Freeze Your Tail Off' Event (Photo by Bart Williams)

Thanks everyone for such an exciting 2012, I am really looking forward to a spectacular 2013 and can only hope its half as good as 2012 :cool:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Looks like a great year. Are you related to the Enghs or is Candice ? I live next door to Rodney Engh and know Dennis Engh and I also had the Storhiem boys in scouts.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Looks like a great year. Are you related to the Enghs or is Candice ? I live next door to Rodney Engh and know Dennis Engh and I also had the Storhiem boys in scouts.

Yes, my wife is an Engh. Rodney would be my wife's grandfathers cousin, Dennis is her grandfather's brother. Her grandfather is Paul Engh (owns a Engh Floral on Redwood in Taylorsville), many of the other Enghs are involved in the nursery and landscaping business as well. Rodney is a great guy, he keeps their homestead reunion happening each year. Come to think about it I think he told me he knows you because we talked about Jeeps and the Relic Run :D

sixstringsteve

Awesome pics Kurt. This is my favorite thread of the year, and now I finally have something to post. Your past end of the year threads are what inspired me to get out and do more with my life and go out every month. My 2012 Adventures (re-posted from my blog):

Jan 20 - Winter QTD
[youtube]nElPXA3mW94[/youtube]

Feb 19-12 - San Rafael Swell
[youtube]ACQ144wZfOc[/youtube]

March 16-17 - Rattlesnake --> PET --> Little Sahara Service Project
IMG_2417.JPG

March 22-25 - Hole in the Rock Trail
[youtube]F8sAn8dOwUU[/youtube]

April 6- Bluejohn Canyon
[youtube]osbWIV7nJOc[/youtube]
[youtube]QFYTgJGPIt8[/youtube]

April 12 - Spring QTD
d439a1a2.jpg
(photo courtesy of Jason Goates)

May 11-12 - San Rafael Swell
7193835508_cd2c4e93b4_b.jpg
*(photo courtesy of Kevin B.)

May26 - Medieval Chamber
[youtube]oM9e7lOygQg[/youtube]

JuneDirt Biking up AF Canyon

July 12 - Mineral Basin night run
IMG_2825.JPG

Aug 2-3 - Mineral Basin, Pittsburgh Lake
[Youtube]H66flcfX0IE[/YouTube]

Aug 18- Hanging Tree Trail
IMG_0411.JPG

Sept 5-9- Rubicon Trail
[youtube]sm12DWwiP2w[/youtube]

Sept 28-29th - Fall Quarterly Training Day/Graveyard Flats Service Project
[youtube]ckZ3kPFtTxE[/youtube]

Oct 17 - UTBDR
IMG_1121.JPG

Nov - goblin valley (trip report/video coming soon)

dec - Freeze Your Tail Off
DSCN1322.jpg

Dec 31st/Jan 1st - Moab Trip

IMG_2086.JPG

Last edited:

blznnp

Looks like a awesome year Kurt and Steve, I'm very envies of you guys getting out so much. FYTO was the first time I have been out and slept in a tent in probably 8-9 years. Out of curiosity, how many of the trails that you did, or posted with the expedition style would a full size truck be able to go on, and not get body damage?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
awesome pics. looks like a great year. I bet it will be a hard year to top(I bet you will do it though :D)

sixstringsteve

Out of curiosity, how many of the trails that you did, or posted with the expedition style would a full size truck be able to go on, and not get body damage?

Hm... I only got body damage on one trail (Hanging Tree), but that's a pretty gnarly trail, and I was in a little Toyota. I'd say that over half of my trips could be done in a full size with zero risk of body damage. Most weren't much more technical than the FYTO trip. It may not be the most comfortable vehcile for the trip (especially with a solid front axle) but it's doable. You need to come to the next quarterly training day, particularly the fireside chat on Friday night where we talk about our favorite places in Utah to explore and what to expect in each place.

blznnp

Hm... I only got body damage on one trail (Hanging Tree), but that's a pretty gnarly trail, and I was in a little Toyota. I'd say that over half of my trips could be done in a full size with zero risk of body damage. Most weren't much more technical than the FYTO trip. It may not be the most comfortable vehcile for the trip (especially with a solid front axle) but it's doable. You need to come to the next quarterly training day, particularly the fireside chat on Friday night where we talk about our favorite places in Utah to explore and what to expect in each place.

If the training is going to be at MMP, then I am going to do everything I can to get my blazer there, it runs and drives, just need to make a shifter for the t-case and figure out where my rear brake fluid is going, may not be the prettiest thing but it would still be fun to get it out there and meet more people, if its not done, then I think I still need to just get out there to meet and listen to everyone. Has a date been set yet for it?

sixstringsteve

Date TBD, but it'll most likely be in Jan or Feb. Let me know if you need a hand with your build.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Looks like a awesome year Kurt and Steve, I'm very envies of you guys getting out so much. FYTO was the first time I have been out and slept in a tent in probably 8-9 years. Out of curiosity, how many of the trails that you did, or posted with the expedition style would a full size truck be able to go on, and not get body damage?

First off, congrats on getting out camping. You chose one hell (as in cold as hell) of a way to break back into it :D

I'd say 50% or greater on the full-size. Swell, 5MP, FYTO, etc are all completely doable in a full-size. You will likely have to be a bit more careful but completely doable.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
awesome pics. looks like a great year. I bet it will be a hard year to top(I bet you will do it though :D)

I dunno, I'm looking at 2012, laying some plans for 2013 and thinking its going to be tough :D

For sure I'll try. I'm hoping for a 2nd round in Aussie, a Vegas 2 Reno and Mint 400 finish. I want to race my dirtbike in a ~200 mile desert race (Vonski, where are you!), and we are in talks about another Utah Cruiser Expedition. Add customer appreciation runs (we should pair up on some AllJeep/CrOut runs), Wasatch Cruiser runs, RME Quarterly Training, ExpeditionUtah Summits & QTR's. I think its going to be busy :D

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I dunno, I'm looking at 2012, laying some plans for 2013 and thinking its going to be tough :D

For sure I'll try. I'm hoping for a 2nd round in Aussie, a Vegas 2 Reno and Mint 400 finish. I want to race my dirtbike in a ~200 mile desert race (Vonski, where are you!), and we are in talks about another Utah Cruiser Expedition. Add customer appreciation runs (we should pair up on some AllJeep/CrOut runs), Wasatch Cruiser runs, RME Quarterly Training, ExpeditionUtah Summits & QTR's. I think its going to be busy :D

If anyone can top your year it will be you:cool:

An ALLJEEP.COM/CrOut pair up run would be a blast!