My New And Exciting Job :)

TROKITA

So i started a welding job not to far from my house and so far its been a blast :) got my own shop Miller welder i believe it a Millermatic 251.... not too sure and they also have a car booth and a huge heater for powder coating, so im going to powder coat my sliders and weld them on myself after all :) see how it goes. ill keep updating as i do it.

the welder i use :D

Last edited:

TROKITA

im just going to upgrade the suspension i dont know about a SAS yet too much $$$$ and work but i want to make myself some tube doors, and maybe a plate bumper, my boss made a plate bumper for a montero, and a rear bumper, and i also want to extend my tire rack long enough to put a RTT.

blznnp

definitely take advantage of having the tools and metal (at a discount or free) at your disposal. Thats one thing I really miss about working in a fab shop (we did structural and ornamental steel), I got lots a free steel to since we scrapped so much, wish I would have done more before I decided to leave.

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Trokita,

You have a wonderful opportunity here. If you show genuine interest in whatever the other guys are doing most people are happy to teach you whatever they know. This shop looks like the work is a bit different from fab work for an offroad vehicle, but then again, a good weld is a good weld. Good to see they have a mig welder and not just stick. Any chance they also do TIG? That's the ideal tool for 4x4 fab work and about the toughest to learn.

-Frieed

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Starting off with something hard I see. Tough to fill in that gap where round meets flat.

Excellent start, but for the real critique, the angle of the gun on the horizontal is putting more weld on the flat, the vertical looks better. For the flat, lay the gun a little flatter (pointing towards the bar) to come up the side of the re-bar more.

Heat looks really good.

Also keep in mind, most re-bar is junk recycled steel. Some welds fine, some doesn't.

Overall, great start..