My old, OLD Toyota resurfaced....

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
How many RME members remember this one.... it was Red when I bought it, then I painted it Tan with Zolatone and proceeded to cut the top of the cab off and tube it out.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=30642606&cat=402&lpid=&search=&ad_cid=12

Someone added lots of ugly tube work, but I built the cab portion (would recognize that a pillar and windshield area anywhere) and the lower bed parts. I should try to find the old build thread when I cut the roof off and started to tube it out.

That's a real piece of history right there... :rofl: I kinda want to buy it back, but I'm sure its plenty hacked by now. It has changed owners several times since I sold it.

Greg

Admin
This thread is missing the pics on the 1st 2 pages, but they start on page 3... http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?11559-Tubing-out-the-Yota/page3

And for the click-impared, like Kiel...

PaintedDay.jpg

10 yrs ago..... :wtf: :ugh:

Caleb

Lol, Yeah I remember that truck from clear back before you cut it up. Infact, I think you were driving it when we first met in person. Didn't it have either some long shackles, or maybe some folding shackles or something like that. I remember something different about the shackles on it (odd thing to remember, I know :D)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Also remember some crazy hinge setup going around back then. where the springs hinged on axle, but don't think it was those

Greg

Admin
I loved that original cage design!

Me too, I thought it looked pretty good. I spent a lot of time thinking out how to put it all together. The tube at the rocker panel was way too low and it needed to be properly boat sided, removing the rocker panel... I also needed to add door bars, but didn't get too it. Oh well!

Lol, Yeah I remember that truck from clear back before you cut it up. Infact, I think you were driving it when we first met in person. Didn't it have either some long shackles, or maybe some folding shackles or something like that. I remember something different about the shackles on it (odd thing to remember, I know :D)

I do remember that! Met at your work to buy something... that was a LONG time ago!! :eek:

Also remember some crazy hinge setup going around back then. where the springs hinged on axle, but don't think it was those

Yeah, I swapped in rear Chevy leafs and the shackle mount left me some room to try out a double shackle... it SUCKED. It caused wheel hop and would unload. I ended fabbing some ridiculous 10" shackles out of flat bar steel that were on about a 45* angle to reach up to the stock shackle hanger. I don't remember, but I think there wasn't room to move the hanger back further. Had plans to link it up eventually, so I just left the massive shackles.