Nate’s longterm tiny shop build

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I'm still working on the insulation in my shop...started last summer and have about one more wall to go. I have one more circuit to wire as well. You're doing a great job getting things done!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm still working on the insulation in my shop...started last summer and have about one more wall to go. I have one more circuit to wire as well. You're doing a great job getting things done!
I finished it last night after a whole day out there. It sucked. A lot. And it was expensive. I think I’m at just over $1200 for the insulation but I have a whole bag of the 23” stuff to take back and that’s like $114.

But hey, it’s done and I can move on to the next steps!

cjncustoms

I got the walls finished up tonight and started on the ceiling. The ceiling sucks balls way worse than the walls- which I expected.
View attachment 171921
Ooh I also got the window today. Looking back I probably could’ve installed that myself pretty easily but the contractor that did the framing offered to install it for $90 or something cheap. Totally worth it so I can spend my time on my passion project- insulation 🤣🤮
He ordered the they/them door as well. It should be ready in a week.
Also had a garage door estimator come out on Tuesday but still haven’t heard back. They were very familiar with wall-mounted/direct drive openers and the “hi-lift” style track so I’m hoping their number isn’t too ridiculous. I’m sure it will be.
Let me know if you need another garage door quote. I have a guy.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I got the walls finished up tonight and started on the ceiling. The ceiling sucks balls way worse than the walls- which I expected.
View attachment 171921
Ooh I also got the window today. Looking back I probably could’ve installed that myself pretty easily but the contractor that did the framing offered to install it for $90 or something cheap. Totally worth it so I can spend my time on my passion project- insulation 🤣🤮
He ordered the they/them door as well. It should be ready in a week.
Also had a garage door estimator come out on Tuesday but still haven’t heard back. They were very familiar with wall-mounted/direct drive openers and the “hi-lift” style track so I’m hoping their number isn’t too ridiculous. I’m sure it will be.
I did a jack drive on my 10 foot high door so that it could lift up to the same level as my 14’ door. IIRC the lift motor is about double a normal door opener but nothing else is any different than a normal one.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Let me know if you need another garage door quote. I have a guy.
Will do, thanks Calvin!

I did a jack drive on my 10 foot high door so that it could lift up to the same level as my 14’ door. IIRC the lift motor is about double a normal door opener but nothing else is any different than a normal one.
Yeah the opener is a little more but it’s not bad for what you get. When I first saw one I was a little surprised they’re not more popular.